2w5lrix.jpg

1495m6b.jpg

Now: (2012)

wrfaxi.jpg

34i36z5.jpg

2uf7dax.jpg

esmgkh.jpg

2znwy2x.jpg

Not sure how much weight loss exactly but roughly one and a half stone. Keep trying to switch to maintenance, binging and regaining a couple of pounds so having to diet again. Hopefully I will have finished dieting by January next year though. :)

Replies

• shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Cannot see your pictures, you'll have to change the uppercase IMG at the beginning and the end to lowercase img.
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    oh okay thank you will try again!
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    how do i make the photos smaller please someone? :)
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have to do that through the photo sharing site you used. But if we right click - view image, we can see them just fine. Great work! You look amazing :)
  • JS268
    JS268 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How'd ya do it?
  • Josh_H
    Josh_H Posts: 1,151
    Options
    what do you mean almost there? it looks like you have arrived. :)
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I want to look like you:flowerforyou:
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    I think I've sorted it- for some reason downloading them off facebook first worked.

Thank you so much :)

I guess I just tried to develop a liking for vegetables as I'd previously thought they were really boring. Now I can't have a meal without them and my attitude to healthy food has completely changed. I love cooking and I'm always experimenting with new vegetables. Starting university has been difficult with everyone else having pizza etc every night but I just have stir fries the majority of the time and buy my own pizza to have on takeaway nights as then I can join in with everyone but I know the calorie count and it's also much cheaper!

If I'm honest I do very little exercise so this is predominantly been the result of a much healthier diet and counting calories every day.
    (1200 calories)
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    well almost there as in trying to go onto maintenance now :) (find it much more difficult tbh!)
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Great progress!! Great pics!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    wow! you looked great before and amazing now! great job!!

always looking to add friends, add me if you'd like :)
  • Josh_H
    Josh_H Posts: 1,151
    Options
    well almost there as in trying to go onto maintenance now :) (find it much more difficult tbh!)
    Ahhh yes, that is very true.
  • JS268
    JS268 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Gosh, that is SO motivating to hear. I haven't been doing much exercise lately and was feeling very deflated that I won't ever get a nice body! Also I've seen ppl ask about healthy diet alone and they basically get their heads chopped off in the forums lol.

Congratulation! :drinker:
  • Get120
    Get120 Posts: 56
    Options
    great job!! you look fabulous!!
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    JS268

I know that really annoys me, obviously it is much more healthy to do it with exercise but if it's difficult to fit into your regime then feeling guilty about missing it is really bad because I find guilt is the most dangerous feeling to have when dieting. Particularly if you are a comfort eater (guilty!) I love running though as it's such a great way to burn off some calories whilst having time alone to think. I just wasn't strict with exercise like I am with food. When I have time/ am in the mood I do a workout, run or go surfing. If not, then I don't beat myself up about it! If you have any more questions I've accepted your friend request so feel free to ask on here or message me :)
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    Just brief warning though- I completely lost my boobs doing this! haha
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Your photos are so inspiring that I legitimately started tearing up. Thank you for making my day. I was feeling really down & this completely picked it up for me. How long did it take to get to your goal on healthy eating alone? I'm also at 1200 calories & it feels it's more than enough for me everyday. I exercise about 350cals a day too. Thank you for inspiring me :heart:

EDIT: What were your macros like? Carbs/ protein/ fat percentage?
  • fisky123
    fisky123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, You look amazing!! Your before pics look like me at the moment so this is very inspiring. Great to see that this can be achieved without killing yourself with exercise too. How long did it take to reach your goal?
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    Your photos are so inspiring that I legitimately started tearing up. Thank you for making my day. I was feeling really down & this completely picked it up for me. How long did it take to get to your goal on healthy eating alone? I'm also at 1200 calories & it feels it's more than enough for me everyday. I exercise about 350cals a day too. Thank you for inspiring me :heart:

EDIT: What were your macros like? Carbs/ protein/ fat percentage?

Thank you so much for saying that, I really appreciate it as have always been very insecure and even though I've reached a point where I am more happy with my weight I still want to lose more (although have been told not to by friends and family so I am trying to be satisfied with how I look now)

Well I'm not sure how long really but I only started properly in March. I'd been off and on at 1200 before then but in March I really began trying hard. I always choose low fat stuff and eat very little meat (although that's not so much the diet, more that I don't particularly like it) But these are the main discoveries that helped me:

PORRIDGE is my life saver, Honestly, I used to be hungry within a couple of hours after breakfast regardless of how much I stuffed in my mouth. Then I started having porridge everyday (made with water not milk- so used to it now I actually prefer it) Then just use sweetener, reduced sugar jam or a teaspoon of light hot chocolate and it's lovely. I have it every morning and if I don't have time to eat it I put it in a thermos.

Extra light Philadelphia (15g = 30 kcal)
    Lighter than Light Mayonaisse (10 kcal per tablespoon!!!)
    Kraft Light Salad Dressing (mix with water so it goes even further)
    Fry lite

In terms of protein/carbs ratio etc I never took too much notice, except for with carbs I did keep low as possible. I never eat pasta or rice really and buy low calorie 50-60 calorie bread. Protein I think is good and I eat tuna and spinach a lot so that's often high. If I think of anything else I will let you know :)

Oh, if you want something sweet

Frozen blueberries (have a big bowl in front of the tv in place of popcorn)
    Greek yoghurt 0% with raspberries
    Frozen watermelon- to die for!

EDIT: (I had lost about half a stone before March but that was over a year)
  • theconstantgardener
    Options
    An example of my day if this helps :)

Breakfast:

Porridge made with water with a teaspoon of tesco light choices hot chocolate powder

Lunch/Dinner:

Weight watchers tortilla wrap with fried peppers and courgettes (with extra light philadelphia)
    Omelette made with 2 eggs, low fat cottage cheese, feta, sundried tomatoes and peppers- sometimes with tuna and/or spinach instead
    Sweet potato cut into wedges with peri peri salt and a red onion- baked in oven
    Soup with weight watchers petit pain
    Stir fry: peppers, courgettes, mushrooms, beansprouts/ instant noodles- sometimes with prawns, ALWAYS with thai sweet chilli sauce
    (if in a rush) weight watchers ready meals

^always have lots of lettuce with these so I feel really full and can have a big plateful of food

Dessert

Things I said in the above comment
    Fruit
    Mini milks
    Frozen frubes
    Frozen yogurt
    Tesco everyday value mousses- 90kcal and SO CHEAP
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!