Exercise Blues.....

Options
Any people out there that are losing weight weekly and have not incorporated exercising? I just can't seem to get going with exercising. I know that part of it with me is that I work 8-5, so when I get home it is dark. I think that makes me even more tired than I am.

Replies

• cralymoi
    Options
    Any people out there that are losing weight weekly and have not incorporated exercising? I just can't seem to get going with exercising. I know that part of it with me is that I work 8-5, so when I get home it is dark. I think that makes me even more tired than I am.

I'll be interested in replies to this too! Last night I hurt my ankle playing netball, so exercise will be out for a few weeks at least and I don't want my good work to be undone.
  • firefoxxie
    firefoxxie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30lbs w/o exercising but I think most of that is just water weight
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    :smile: *hugs* i know how you feel, the worse is i have to go to school at night after work... I actually plan my workout during the evenings when I don't have to go to class. sometimes, we just have to make time for exercise... gradually, I find that after work I have the urge to go exercise because it also relieves stress at my work and school
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well, I was losing and exercising pretty consistently until about 6 weeks ago when I was put on medical restriction. Unable to exercise and doing physical therapy, I still watched my calories. However, without exercise, I have only lost 1/2 pound in the last 30 days.

I definitely lose better and make better food choices when I workout. I also find that if I don't get up and exercise at 5am...I just won't get it done. Benefit to working out early is that it gives me extra energy for my day.
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options

You DO Not have to exercise to lose weight, however, when you become my age, if you do not do not do something, osteoporosis will become a problem. It does not take much...15 minutes a day of doing something you like...dancing, bowling, etc. Exercise is the most preventive medicine there is.
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have difficulty both doing certain types of exercise (due to shoulder and back injuries) and motivating myself to exercise. Today I told myself all day I was going to exercise, but I didn't. My husband says, "Tomorrow's another day," but I'm afraid it will be a repeat of today. All of my friends on MFP are great about exercising regularly, and I love them dearly, but at times I think I need an accountability partner - someone that we mutually kick each other in the butt to exercise.