Reistance Bands and Kettle Weights....

Options
So I broke down and bought a 10lb kettle weight. Ive been doing 20 minutes per day and just started 3 days ago. Should I be this sore. The one handed and two handed arm swings are killer. My upper legs hurt so bad I can barely sit down....And Im not new to exercising!

Do you guys think the weight I got was to heavy to start with?

Resistance bands...totally in love with these, seen some great band workouts on Youtube. My personal favorite is stepping on the band with the back of your heels, crossing the handles in front of you and then stepping as far out as you can to each side....nice workout on the hips!

Michelle

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Options
    I have to agree with the resistance band! I love mine!! I use mine 2 - 3 times a week.
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The first time I did kettle balls I thought I was going to die 2 days later! As long as you can do the exercise correctly than the weight shouldn't be to much, but if you have to break form to do it, then the weight is to heavy. They are a killer, I like having a good hurt after a workout, but that was almost past the good hurt pain!
  • fozzy33
    Options
    YAY its not just me that feels like I want to die!!! LOL

We both must be doing it right...I was reading on line that all the pain will be in the upper legs and abs because that is what your moving the weight with...not your arms.

Michelle
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I have a kettle weight that came with a set of dvds. It came with a 4 lb. weight...i cant imagine doing it with a 10 lb. weight! Maybe you should start with a smaller one, but if you can do the 10 more power to ya!
  • fozzy33
    Options
    When doing workout DVD's and such I use 6lb weights. I figure if Im holding two that is 12lbs so I can surely do a 10lb kettle weight LOL

Its definately the squats and lunges Im doing with the kettle weight,. All the pain and soreness is in my legs and then some in my abs.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    The first time I did kettle balls I thought I was going to die 2 days later! As long as you can do the exercise correctly than the weight shouldn't be to much, but if you have to break form to do it, then the weight is to heavy. They are a killer, I like having a good hurt after a workout, but that was almost past the good hurt pain!

What is it?
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    if you just google kettlebell, you will find a ton of info on them. They are a type of free weight that lookes like a ball with a handle for doing strength training. For me they make lifting a little bit more fun since I really do hate lifting weights.