HELP I need a mocha!

Options
2»

Replies

• NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Buy a small mocha with skim milk and maybe drink half or three quarters? Or better option still would be an espresso and one square of dark chocolate :happy:
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You can also try this. Not sure how it would affect your macros. http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/show/2318
  • geater09
    Options
    sounds pretty good...I'll try it Thanks! :)
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and cocoa powder. Easy. Maybe add a sweetener if you like your coffee sweet.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Make your own at home! Half cup of coffee and half cup of warm milk. Fat free is less calories, but keep in mind that milk fat is healthy, and a higher fat content might keep you full for longer, leading you to actually consume less calories. Then add a mix of cocoa powder and sugar, to taste. Yummy! You'll end up adding much less sugar than those coffee stands do.
  • yahleigha
    Options
    I too, was a mocha junkie! My Dr took me off sugar about 5 years ago. Dang! No more mochas (choc syrup = sugar) so I started drinking latte's with Stevia. Then, two weeks later, he took me off dairy! (Can you believe the nerve??!) So, now I have my latte's (I have my own machine) with stevia and almond milk. DON'T use the sugar -free stuff, as it's got sucralose in it (which, my Dr, a naturopath) says is "poison" (like aspartame, saccharine, etc). Stevia is natural, comes from a plant.
    It sounds like you just want to look good for your wedding (congratulations!) so put a picture of your dream wedding dress up on your dashboard and think BEFORE you drive up to the window: "which one do I want MORE? Do I want to look great at my wedding, (the biggest day of my life!) or do I want the instant gratification of an espresso NOW?"
    Also, if you like the taste of fresh ginger, try drinking fresh ginger tea for a natural "lift". Seriously, it keeps me going all day (I have a physically demanding job) where caffeine only gives you that high for a while. Ginger has a lot of great health benefits for you, too, including it's an anti-inflammatory.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Black coffee plus chocolate protein powder makes a pretty decent approximation of a mocha and has nothing but protein in it.