high cholesterol

2»

Replies

• heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    I didn't follow a particular "plan" as I'm not actively trying to reduce my cholesterol levels. I still eat eggs and red meat... in moderation. I take a multi-vitamin, but we all know that may or may not help. LOL More fruit, lots more veggies... tried the oatmeal and/or cheerios thing. I've just resigned to the fact that it'll always be borderline high to ridiculously high. (The highest it has been in my life was around 310 (lots of LDL, hardly any HDL) and I was 15 years old, super fit (track runner and lacrosse player) and I ate little to none of the "bad for you" foods. (Although, to the point of your information, that could be why it was high.))

Thanks for posting the info though - something new to consider and talk to my doctor about. :smile:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    I eat 2-3 pounds of meat per day, 5-7 servings of veggies, 3-5 servings of fruits, 3-5 servings of legumes, 1-2 servings of treenuts, 3-5 servings of dairy, and 2-4 servings of grain per day.

My entire immediate family takes at least one drug for high cholesterol (including my 34 yo sister).

My total cholesterol is 109.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    Showoff. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Showoff. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

not really saying that to show off...just giving an example of what someone with a low cholesterol level eats. I know everybody's body will be different than mine, so what works for me may not work for someone else.
  • heygurlheyyyy
    I know, I was being silly.