1200 calories too low?

Options
2»

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    I find it works for me, if i want to actually lose weight while getting fit then staying under 1200 is important but if i feel super hungry after I've done plenty of exercise I listen to my body and eat. I think you should just do what works for you. Everyone is differend :D

THIS!! i set my goals at 1300 so I dont feel pressure, If im hungry I eat more and eat into some of my exercise calories (because I now have a hrm so i have a more accurate count of what I burn) if Im not then I dont eat. I always found it dumb to eat just to hit a number, also I try to eat calorie dense yet nutritional foods like almonds, avocados, seeds etc.. Do what works for you.. try it for a bit and if you need to tweak then do so.. most importantly please listen to your body we are all so different!! Best Wishes on your journey :-)
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Oh...this again? *facepalm*

I knew they'd show up!

TROLL!!!! ugh
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Oh...this again? *facepalm*

I knew they'd show up!

TROLL!!!! ugh

Not offended. Just tired of seeing the same threads over and over and over again. There's a search function...use it. And FWIW, 1200 calories is too low for about 99% of the population.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Wow! Math was never my strong point. 1200 is what MFP suggested and having never actually calorie counted before I thought it was ok.

I really need some help with this, unless there is a calculator somewhere on here??

Height: 164cm / 5'4"
    Current weight: 80kg
    Goal weight: 60kg (by July 2013 if that makes any difference?)
    I have a desk job, so I come under "sedentary"
    I'm only light exercising at the moment and will be fore at least another 2 weeks due to planned surgery this coming Monday. I do plan to change that once I have fully recovered

Your help is really appreciated xx

So 1600 daily should do the trick.
    Be sure not to cut calories while recovering from surgery so your body has the building blocks to heal itself correctly.

^^^^ This. I am 5'6" tall and 49 years old and I am losing at 1700. Dan helped me run my numbers. Before that, I was starving and only lost 4 pounds.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow! Math was never my strong point. 1200 is what MFP suggested and having never actually calorie counted before I thought it was ok.

I really need some help with this, unless there is a calculator somewhere on here??

Height: 164cm / 5'4"
    Current weight: 80kg
    Goal weight: 60kg (by July 2013 if that makes any difference?)
    I have a desk job, so I come under "sedentary"
    I'm only light exercising at the moment and will be fore at least another 2 weeks due to planned surgery this coming Monday. I do plan to change that once I have fully recovered

Your help is really appreciated xx

So 1600 daily should do the trick.
    Be sure not to cut calories while recovering from surgery so your body has the building blocks to heal itself correctly.

I can't stress this enough, especially after surgery. In fact, it probably should be a bit more calories while recovering as you metabolism will increase in order to repair your wounds.