Weight loss after baby

Options
My baby just turned 2 months the other day and I realized the baby weight is just not coming off as fast as it did with my first born. I am more stressed and turn to food to help me out. Which actually I know is causing me more stress and to be more tired. I just need some motivation and something to get me to just do it. Time is also a huge factor. I love to run, but there is no time. I am with kids all day then when the hubby gets home I still have no time and I am super tired and just want to go to bed. Plus I start back to work March 1, then there will be even less time. I am full of excuses and need to learn to get over them. Today I looked at all my wonderful clothes I used to wear and wished I could. Today should be my day to stop the excuses and find the time and stop looking for help with food.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Stop the excuses. Put the kids in a stroller. Get out there & walk, walk, walk! If it is too cold, load them in car, go to closest mall, put kids in stroller, and walk, walk, walk!
    Hope that helps :)
    Welcome to MFP!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    After I had my twins (and I had a 21/2 year old), I would be waiting in my workout clothes for my husband to arrive home from work and as soon as he got home, I would run out of the door for a half hour of exercise. It helped me feel so much less stressed after a full day with the kids and I was better able to cope with the evenings/sleepless nights!
    My husband always does the kids' bath in the evenings and that is when I exercise. I have done this since my son was little and only stopped for a bit with our twins as it was a little hard for one person to bath them all when they were infants!
    It sounds like you're motivated so I am sure that you are going to do great!!
    xx Kim
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling! I had c-sections with all 3 of mine and it was hard for me not to be able to exercise for 6 weeks!! If you are feeling good and it's only being so tired than I agree with kdsmith. Be ready for your husband to get home and work out as soon as he is there. You won't have had the chance to sit and relax because you have been with the kids and then it's over with. I also did a lot during naps. My oldest two will sit nicely and watch a movie for a half an hour and then I did it then. Best advice I ever got was to schedule it in, make sure your husband knows your expectations and don't let yourself get too relaxed!! Good luck!!