to everyone who "fears" fast food

Options

Replies

• cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Some people can smoke and live to be 100...doesn't mean it's okay for everyone.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    alright im done watch the movie if you want to see a different perspective if not whatever
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I just watched Fathead last week and was pretty impressed. Not only did he lose weight, but his cholesterol and triglycerides went down too. I wouldn't suggest this as a way to lose weight though.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can lose weight on it. I lost weight before eating pretty crappy foods because I was super busy and not paying attention to how much I ate. But just because you can lose weight on it doesn't mean it's good for you body. You can have fewer pounds on you but be depriving your body of vital nutrients. That stuff is so processed it's barely even food. No thanks.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    One of the staples of my diet on my 100+ lb weight loss, and just as important in my maintenance, the McDonald's Chicken Classic, grilled, no mayo. Under 300 cals, 27 grams of protein.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    if you saw super size me and are afraid to eat fast food or any food for that matter dont wanna know why? watch the movie fathead its on netflix he ate only fast food and lost weight

The answer is to watch another crappy documentary?
    its all about how supersize me is a lie bro

Supersize me isn't a lie. He ate at an extreme surplus and limited his activity level(to what he claims is an average american activity level). If you eat fast food and are active and come in at caloric deficit, of course you won't gain weight, but it doesn't mean you will be healthy either.
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed at how many people are convinced by "experiments" with sample sizes of 1.
  • shockingpink33
    shockingpink33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Perhaps we should look at this from a perspective of nutrition - Why do humans need to eat? We need to eat to feed our bodies & to produce energy to use our minds. Fast food is simply not nutritious.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It is most definitely a deficit that brings on weight loss. It isn't great to eat a ton of that stuff but still. My husband has been working for McDonald's for 6 years now while working on a degree in EEC for half of that.. and sometimes people are so rude! As if it is his fault that McDonald's can make you fat if you eat too much of it! Grow a pair and take responsibility for your own actions.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    yes, because the **** they put in mcdonald's food is sooooo good for you
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    sometimes I have no choice but to stop and get something because my life it crazy hectic like that. But I will say that it is not the calories or fat in the food that will get you....the extraordinarily high levels of sodium will kill you
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Thank you! It is most definitely a deficit that brings on weight loss. It isn't great to eat a ton of that stuff but still. My husband has been working for McDonald's for 6 years now while working on a degree in EEC for half of that.. and sometimes people are so rude! As if it is his fault that McDonald's can make you fat if you eat too much of it! Grow a pair and take responsibility for your own actions.

I completely agree with you. Last I checked, no one ever put a gun to my head and told me I had to order a double cheeseburger.

However, I think it's stupid that someone is trying to say that McD's or any other fast food is a good option when someone is trying to get their weight and health in order. Most of the people on this site are here because they DON'T make good choices. It's like taking an alcoholic to a wine tasting event -- not a good idea.
  • TheyCallMeDBreeze
    Options
    Fast food is my drug, and the pusher is everywhere!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    So what you're saying isssss......eat fast food?:huh:

People dont fear fast food, most of us just have had a bad relationship with it an one point or another and would rather stay broken up.

That is all.

(that being said don't you dare creep through my diary last week!)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how people care whether others eat fast food or not. It honestly grosses some people out, and that's fine. Some people love it, and that's also fine.

Personally, I have eaten fast food throughout this whole journey and I'm in the best shape of my life. I won't be giving it up any time soon, and yes I have seen "Supersize Me." But if someone else saw that documentary and was inspired to never eat fast food again, who cares? To each his own.
  • TheyCallMeDBreeze
    Options
    One of the staples of my diet on my 100+ lb weight loss, and just as important in my maintenance, the McDonald's Chicken Classic, grilled, no mayo. Under 300 cals, 27 grams of protein.
    Stop tempting me, you demon!
  • shelbylee27
    Options
    sure, you can eat fast food and not get fat but the fact is that you are putting processed sugars, extreme amounts of sodium and all kinds of unnatural ingredients into your body. it may not make you fat but it can catch up with you and take a toll on your health down the road. fast food is a nice treat every once in awhile but should not be a crutch on your weight loss journey.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds quarter pounders and fries. I love Wendys. I adore the curly fries at Jack 'n the Box. I love 4 crunchy tacos at Taco Bell. And I haven't eaten any of that crap for 157 days. It would be falling off a cliff. I can't do it sometimes. For me, at least, I have to completely turn the other way. In my favor, I do look forward to the delicious food I'm eating now, so I can't say I'm having any fast food cravings.

Sure, people can lose weight eating fast food, but if they eat it as a main staple of their diet, they will be in a nutritional deficit over the long haul.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Not afraid of it, just don't want to eat grease laden fries, soda that can strip wallpaper, and mystery meat burgers.

I'm happy to eat well made hamburgers, homemade french fries, and a nice glass of cold water.
  • TheyCallMeDBreeze
    Options
    I love McDonalds quarter pounders and fries. I love Wendys. I adore the curly fries at Jack 'n the Box. I love 4 crunchy tacos at Taco Bell. And I haven't eaten any of that crap for 157 days. It would be falling off a cliff. I can't do it sometimes. For me, at least, I have to completely turn the other way. In my favor, I do look forward to the delicious food I'm eating now, so I can't say I'm having any fast food cravings.

Sure, people can lose weight eating fast food, but if they eat it as a main staple of their diet, they will be in a nutritional deficit over the long haul.
    Six months and you have had No Fast Food? Yippie! ! ! ! Thanks for assuring me it is possible, and I gotta get off this thread cuz these descriptions are making me want to go Fast Food Restaurant Hopping. (Dont laugh, I've done it before, lots of times)