polar FT4 battery

Hi Guys

does anyone know where i get the battery changed and how?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    My FT7 has needed a replacement battery in both the watch and transmitter. For both, I took them to Batteries Plus and they did it for me. The transmitter battery was only a couple bucks, the watch battery around $10 installed.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    If your talking about the battery in the chest strap, I got one from my local supermarket. Otherwise a watch place should have a battery for the watch
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Walgreens or CVS will have them.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    oh so i can do it myself??? i dont have any tools?!

Sorry, i'm so ignorant with this - i think it is the strap... where and how?
  • _JR_
    oh so i can do it myself??? i dont have any tools?!

Sorry, i'm so ignorant with this - i think it is the strap... where and how?

Just use a penny or dime to twist off the back cover. The battery will have the number on it. Take it with you to the store. I recall them coming in a 2-pack from Walgreens. Super easy.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/support/service

You can find a recommended service center. I recommend doing that. The place I went to at the mall - the watch battery kiosk - didn't get the water seal right after and it got ruined.
  • chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    I just got mine changed yesterday at Batteries Plus also, also for about $10. It made a big difference, good luck!
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Good Luck! I hate my F4...had it a month or a bit longer....the strap battery wore out..had a difficult time getting the back off with the dime/nickel...and then found a battery at grocery store...changed it...doesn't work! :( So, don't have the receipt any longer and just angry.
  • _JR_
    Good Luck! I hate my F4...had it a month or a bit longer....the strap battery wore out..had a difficult time getting the back off with the dime/nickel...and then found a battery at grocery store...changed it...doesn't work! :( So, don't have the receipt any longer and just angry.

Wow! I had mine over a year before it slowly started to fade... and I used nearly daily while continually training for Half marathons to a Full marathon. You must've got a bad unit, or the wrong battery.