just started need to lose 100 lbs

Options
:smile: Hi I'm Kourtnie
I'm 22 and need to lose 100 plus pounds, some modivation and friends would be great:)also if you could share your success and tips I'd be very thankful... I've tried diets before and failed ...hoping this time it will work out ... I'm more.determined than ever and could.use support thanks guys :heart:

Replies

• KourtnieBug
    KourtnieBug Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and need to lose 100lbs so you can add me and we'll do this together!
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    ive just lost 50 pounds, about 100 to go to get to my ideal weight. Watch your calories, eat a lot of protein and exercise!'

good luck :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcometo MFP!! Use the Tools here, be consistent with your Exercise and Eating, and DON'T Expect Perfection. You will mess up, you will eat Cake when you meant to eat Broccoli, and you will miss a Workout.
    :drinker: The trick is to NOT let those mistakes lead to Days and Weeks of Bad Choices.
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Feel free to read my profile and add me. I have lost 88 pounds so far (38 on MFP) and have about 100 to go.

I am low carbing, in part because I am diabetic. I stay low on the carbs but not eating any processed carbs or starchy stuff like rice and potatoes. I get most of my daily carbs from fresh or frozen veggies. I have also cut out all sugar, although I haven't been able to kick artificial sweeteners yet. I am addicted to diet coke.

As for working out, I started small since I weighed 325 pounds. I joined the gym and signed up for a 4-mile run. I walked it, but I did it! I am currently doing the Couch-to-5K running program and started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred today as well.

Feel free to add me for support. I am on day 100 as of today. I log daily, have an open food diary and am happy to support, share recipes, and other stuff!

Alison
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am on the way to a 100 pound loss. So far so good! Good luck - you can do it!!

My tips:

Track all the food you eat ... if you bite it, write it!
    Eat what you love ... in moderation.
    Cardio and strength training are AWESOME
    Eat back some of those exercise calories.
    Don't let anyone tell you how much you should/should not eat. Listen to your body - it will tell you what it needs.
    Have fun! It is hard at first but I treat it like a game.
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent! I'm 23 and I've got between 70 and 100 lbs. to loose. I just started doing the South Beach diet and I exercise daily but am taking a little break because I pulled a small muscle in my back.

I agree with what everyone else has said. Be consistent with what you eat and exercise. Don't be too hard on yourself when you slip up, this has been the hardest for me.
  • KourtnieBug
    Options
    Thank u so much :) I am really bad with discouraging myself if I so much as sip on a soda I feel as though I've blown the whole thing so its nice to know that other people have overcome these obstacles and strived on
  • HDimple
    Options
    Hey :)
    even I started today and have failed so many times by fad diets
    so this time I am ready for a permanent and healthy change in my life
    need to loose 40lbs
    I have added u :)
  • WanderingBomb
    WanderingBomb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 24 and i need to lose about 50 lbs. adding! :)
  • classy1975
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I think it helps to track your meals everyday. I am new too, so I am looking for friends also. 100 pounds removed would be awsome! I am shooting for 25 right now.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I need to lose around 100 pounds myself. We just have to start with another day if we mess up. You can do it!
  • KourtnieBug
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the tips and motivation and the adds , its so nice to know there are people willing to be supporters out there and I am here for all of you as well thank u so much
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Dont think of it as good and bad food. think of it as every day food and sometimes food. I had some icecream yesterday and it was yummo. BUT, i made sure it fit into my calories for the day and i had 1 serve, not the entire tub. You dont have to forgo the things you love, just make it fit in your daily calories and watch your portions.

I had to drag my self out of bed to exercise this morning because its gooing to be 38/100 degrees and i wont be doing it tonight. I hated it at the time but im glad i did now.

If you have a bad day just write it off and start afresh, you can do it.
  • amyb1654
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss. Can I ask you what do you eat for protein and exercising? I would love to lose about 70 lbs. I struggle each and everyday. Not sure what all to do.
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose about 100 pounds. My first goal is 30 pounds. I turn 30 in the spring so right now I'm working on "30 Before 30". Excited to reach that goal!
    I've requested to be your friend so we can help encourage each other.
    Like others have said, track EVERYTHING! And don't give up. We all have "bad" days. Just need to get back on track. Post quotes around the house that motivate you. Or even pictures. Remember, you are NOT alone! MFP is a wonderful site and people are very supportive here! Best of luck!!!!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Happy to offer support! MFP has been such a great source of motivation, inspiration, and support for me. I couldn't have done it without my friends and support system on here.
  • newfette81
    Options
    Thank u so much :) I am really bad with discouraging myself if I so much as sip on a soda I feel as though I've blown the whole thing so its nice to know that other people have overcome these obstacles and strived on

Its not a diet.. its a lifestyle change. I've lost 40 pounds (26 on mfp) and I still eat take out, i still drink beer, and don't even think about taking my chocolate away!!

its all about moderation, making healthier choices and burning those calories baby!!!
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i still have over 100lbs to lose, so here for the long haul. Feel free to add me :smile: good luck with your weight loss, keep logging on here and tracking you food and you will do fine.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    A healthy diet has room for any food. Not *much* room, maybe. ;-) I eat lots of veggies, get my protein, and leave room for good chocolate. Good luck!