Fat Guy in a LIttle Coat

Options

Replies

• MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Tommy Boy! I love that movie!!! Please add me as a friend!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Welcome man, and you got this! For me, the most important part was making the decision to do it, and remember why I made the decision when the going got tough. I was 6'6", 490 when I started, and I got down to 230 before I decided to start putting on more muscle. I'm right around 240 now.

The impact it has made on my life and my families life has been amazing. More than worth all the hard work that it took.

Feel free to add me.

^^^^^this is AWESOME!!!!^^^^^^^^^
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Just started using MFP this week. A friend showed me to the site and things kind of took of from there. I am looking for a few people that would help keep me motivated. As I am sure the times ahead are going to be filled with all sorts of challenges. Currently I am 6' 3" and 340 pounds, but am wanting to lose at least 100 pounds maybe more, I want to get down to a normal size person.

Here are some tips for those getting started:

1) Determine your BMR/TDEE (or whatever you want to call it) so that you know what amount of calories (on average) you should be eating to lose weight at a healthy pace. If you use the MFP tools, they'll compute this for you.
    2) Log everything. Don't eat it if you can't log it. Take a multivitamin everyday with food.
    3) Don't drink your calories. Try to get to a point where all you drink is water.
    4) Walk or jog or run... alot! Then start strength training when you're up to it.

Forget the scale. Don't obsess about daily changes in weight. - they don't mean anything. What you should be focusing on are long term changes to your lifestyle. The weight WILL come off. You CAN do it. The math works and it doesn't lie. It just takes time.

This is not a diet and you don't have to deny yourself anything you crave, you just have to eat in moderation and be accountable for what you put in your mouth. For example, if you go over on Monday by 300 calories, then go under on Tuesday and Wednesday by 150 calories each day. Be honest with your log. Be accurate. Be accountable. You can lose the weight and it will happen faster than you realize when you make this a lifestyle change.

There's alot more to learn here and many, many more members who know much more than me.
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    You can add me :) I'm short (5'4) but I started at 225. Almost halfway there now!
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fat Guy in a Little Coat-that's funny.

Ok Tommy Boy-I'm sending you a Friend Request!
    Me too! <3 Chris Farley!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Chris Farley quote FTW!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    ready for action. started at five four and 260 ish. lost some before i joined. anyone is welcome to friend request me. This is the winter for action. BIG things people, big things!
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This is the big boys thread! Send me a FR if you wish, I'm 6'5" and started at 350lbs, currently 285 and still need to lose a ton of flab. Let's get it going!!
  • llangstraat
    llangstraat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Love the quote! Feel free to add! I am on here everyday and will support you anyway I can! You got this! :)
  • TinaKessler
    TinaKessler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love reading the message boards....you guys really help keep me going....good luck to all of you. After a 3 lb gain over Thanksgiving weekend 2 more lbs and back where I started. This is a tough month with more holidays coming soon. Hopefully I can at least maintain the 18 lbs loss. I love mfp great prog.
  • toridehaven
    Options
    Love Chris Farley!! Add me we can support eachother!
  • tkmaster
    Options
    Everyone on this site is awesome!!!! Thank you guys so much.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You had me with the Chris Farley quote.

Me too!!! And the normal sized person, that's awesome too.
  • Maria_T007
    Options
    Tommy Boy!!! Luv it! Feel free to add :)
  • Eduardo1126
    Options
    I'm Ed from New York City. I'm 22 and like many others, Im here to lose weight. I have A Lot to lose.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your success :) and good luck!
  • AnnabellKE
    AnnabellKE Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Let's do this! Friend request sent :)
  • tshulz2
    tshulz2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joined last week per my Doctors request. Like the site and how easy it is to find the foods I like. Lets do this!
    Leaner me in 2013!!! :smile:
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Anyone that starts off with a Chris Farley quote is awesome in my book!! :D
  • UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1" and was 268 lbs. I am now 250 since I joined MFP. There may people who have encouraged me and I would like to encourage you. I am 70 years old and have a daughter who weighs 295 lbs at 5'7". Loose the weight now. I waited too long, but I can still help others not to make my mistake. I have tried all kinds of diets and even went on a 10 day water fast, but unless you change your eating and exercise habits it will come back again. I used to be able to walk 4mi in 1 hr 7 days a week. After I had back and knee surgery I could only walk 1/2 block without pain. I can now walk 3 mi a day without pain. Soon I will be hitting the hiking trails again. The secret is attitude, a plan and friends who encourage you.