Sushi

Options
124»

Replies

• trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm in the camp that's always eaten whatever I want to eat, just in moderation. I only go out for good sushi maybe 3 times a year so I order my favorite every time which is a Las Vegas roll..... I just eat one roll but in case you've never had one it's tuna (raw), cream cheese, and avocado rolled and then FRIED (MMMMMM), topped with eel sauce, spicy mayo and crab salad. Yeahhhh....
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Rice gets a bad rep! It's very healthy, too! As long as you don't over do it (just as everything else) it's fine!
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Go to Japan and count the number of overweight people at the sushi counters. If you find one let me know.

This is what I was thinking.

They also do a LOT MORE walking than we do in the US!
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sushi is great but watch the salt.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I get that some people don't like sushi, or can't eat it. Frankly I feel sorry for them.

BECAUSE IT'S FRIGGING DELISHUS!!!!!1!1!one
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    First of all, rice is a healthy complex carb. Second, what good is life if you can't have sushi!

Avoid the tempura battered, mayonnaisey or cream cheesy sushi rolls.

Sushi is extremely healthy food in general-lean protein, healthy complex carbs and seaweed. Goodness gracious, do not disparage the sushi!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is called a Lotus Roll at the restaurant I go to. Cucumber + maguro, served with a spicy Ponzu (it's delicious without the sauce, too).
    219626_4436606524052_858561447_o.jpg

<Janice voice> Oh. My. GOD. </Janice voice>
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love sushi and find it very filling, so a 240 calorie pack and some fruit for lunch does fill me up. For dinner I will go to the sushi train place in town and have 6 plates which will more than fill me up for dinner. The only thing I was surprised at was that the pieces topped with a kind of sweet omlett are actually quite high calorie so, they aren't my fav though so I just don't have any of those.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread, I had sushi for dinner last night! :laugh: