Sugar-Free, Low Carb Glazed Almonds

Skinnier_Me
Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
edited November 2023 in Recipes
This special treat of translucent sweetness in one of those "bet you can't eat just one" so put your blinking splurge button on when you eat these and be aware!

1 cup blanched whole almonds
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon Steele's Honey Flavored Nature Sweet
1 cup Splenda®
tiny pinch baking soda

Makes about 1 Cup

Spread the almonds in a baking pan and toast at 350° F. for about 5 minutes. When almonds are lightly toasted remove from oven.

Butter a 2-quart baking dish with unsalted butter. Combine the water, Nature Sweet, Splenda and baking soda in the microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes and stir. Proceed and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.

Using a dipping fork, dip each almond in the syrup. Scrape the bottom of the almonds across the baking dish as you remove them after dipping. Place the almonds on buttered waxed paper to cool. Let almonds cool at room temperature and store covered in the refrigerator.

Do not pack almonds tightly but rather scoop them in a container loosely and put waxed paper between layers of almonds.

Carb count for Total Recipe: 27 grams carbs/10 grams fiber = 17 net grams carbs

Replies

• Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    This special treat of translucent sweetness in one of those "bet you can't eat just one" so put your blinking splurge button on when you eat these and be aware!

1 cup blanched whole almonds
    1/3 cup water
    1 tablespoon Steele's Honey Flavored Nature Sweet
    1 cup Splenda®
    tiny pinch baking soda

Makes about 1 Cup

Spread the almonds in a baking pan and toast at 350° F. for about 5 minutes. When almonds are lightly toasted remove from oven.

Butter a 2-quart baking dish with unsalted butter. Combine the water, Nature Sweet, Splenda and baking soda in the microwave-safe baking dish. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes and stir. Proceed and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes.

Using a dipping fork, dip each almond in the syrup. Scrape the bottom of the almonds across the baking dish as you remove them after dipping. Place the almonds on buttered waxed paper to cool. Let almonds cool at room temperature and store covered in the refrigerator.

Do not pack almonds tightly but rather scoop them in a container loosely and put waxed paper between layers of almonds.

Carb count for Total Recipe: 27 grams carbs/10 grams fiber = 17 net grams carbs
This discussion has been closed.