tall/big frame girls

Options
I had a post like this last year, just catching up with my tall friends! :-) Happy healthy living

How tall are you? 5'10"

What is your weight? 170

What is your build? large and broad

How much do you workout? probably too much, but it's so much fun!

How much do you eat average daily? try to eat 1800-2000 cals, don't know if this is enough though

I teach spin twice a week, run, bike (when the weather warms up), Insanity!!, swim twice a week and sometimes lift.

Replies

• michellesusar
    Options
    Hi Areay22! I am too a big/tall girl. I'm 5'10" and about 210. I exercise 4-5 times per week and my exercise routines are pretty intensive. I do cardio kickboxing, clogging, and Insanity. I think I eat about 1800 - 2000 calories per day, but I just started tracking, so I'm not positive.

Nice meeting you and I hope to see you on the boards!
  • mistral604
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Shout out from Vancouver. We are in serious Olympic countdown mode this week - exciement is truly building up around the city!

I too am a "big girl" although society's view of this phrases leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as I admit to being in this category 5'8 and 204 as of this morning (down 12 yeah!!!). Like you both, I'm a workout freak - 5 days a week (insanity, resistence and yoga fitness classes). I try and maintain the 1800-2000 cal range too and it hasn't proved that difficult to manage although reminding my husband why I can't order pizza every Friday is proving challenging.

Best of luck to all of you!
    Wendy
  • PaigeG
    PaigeG Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too teach 2 spin classes a week, plus several sculpting/bootcamp classes. I am struggling with how much food should I be eating. I am 5' 7" and about 132 pounds right now. I am happy with my size but am trying to become a cleaner, healthier eater. I recently bought a Heart Rate Monitor so I could keep track of calories burned and this has been a huge help! Welcome to My Fitness Pal and good luck!!
  • Dee678
    Dee678 Posts: 53
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'4.5" Not tall, but I have what my orthopaedic surgeon and physical therapist call a "sturdy frame".

What is your build? very broad shoulders and wide hips, skeletally

How much do you workout? Currently 40 min of cardio 4 times a week and 30 min of strength training 3 times a week

How much do you eat average daily? about 1600 per day

When the weather breaks I hit the trails w/ my dog for 8 to 10 miles. I bike through my city for an hour or two, Fish w/ my husband, etc.
  • apjackson
    Options
    Hello Tall/Big Frame Girls! I fairly new to the site. I'm 5'11 and 220 lbs, starting at 216lbs. I just joined the gym today. I'm looking forward to dropping to about 185 lbs. It's difficult for me to eat 2000 calories. I feel like I'm eating everything. I've changed what and how much I eat, but I'm gaining rather than losing. Any suggestions?
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!
    My height: 5'10"
    My build: "big boned", "broad shouldered"
    My current weight: 159
    My workout routine: Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred, Jillian Michaels Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, P90X, Winsor Pilates, Hula, Bellydancing, Elliptical and when nice outide Running, Biking, Swimming, Rollerblading (6-7 days/week)...yeah, I'm slightly obsessed with working out :blushing:
    My calorie intake: 1700-2100 daily (depending on how much I workout)

My initial weight loss goal was 30lbs...right now I am half way there. MFP and everyone on it have been so helpful :)
    Best of luck to all the other tall/big frame gals out there!!!
    :flowerforyou: Teresa
  • areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great to hear from everyone! Best of luck on your journeys! I can't believe there are so many of us doing Insanity and teaching classes...we rock!