London Newbie!

Options
Hi there guys,

I'm yet again fed up of being unhappy with my body, and yet again trying to start to lose weight again.

I'm mainly looking for support and advice, I've never really involved anyone else with my weight loss before and perhaps that's why I'm failing!

I'm from London, I'm 20 years old, I weigh 163lbs as of this morning. I'd love a weight loss buddy at similar stats but to be honest I'd love someone to just check in on me occasionally too!

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You need to change your name as you're defeating yourself before you start. You made a good decision to get healthy. Take it one moment at a time. This is a great site and we can help you, but only you can make the choice to use our advise and encouragement. You CAN do this!
  • beautmel
    Options
    Hi hun,

I'm in London too. Joined a few days ago. We can support each other. Going to need all the help I can get with it being the party season and wine and food around every corner! What is your goal weight? Are you doing any exercise?

I'm hoping to shift about 7 pounds. Not a great deal but I'm hoping to lose as much of it as I can before the end of December!

x
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Come on in....
    Baby steps as it is a marathon not a sprint.

I have a great set of friends on MFP and it was the best thing I did.
    They hold you accountable and encourae as well as kick back!!

Hit the add button if you feel like it (that goes for anyone actually).
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Got to agree with above comment - change your account name!
    It will make you feel negative about something that should be positve....

Load of UK people on here, I'm in Surrey and work in London.
    Always happy to accept friend requests.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Different people work differently - maybe for her it's what she needs to inspire her to make it work this time?

I certainly don't work in the same way as many do as far as 'motivation' goes.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I started at 183, so quite a bit heavier. Down to 144 now though :) You can do it, you need to get more positive! Not believing in yourself is destining failure.
  • JenLovesFall
    Options
    :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll try to help as much as I can
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I agree to the others as well. Get a motivational name or something. Feel free to add me and Im looking or motivators as well. Im 33, 1,74 cm and 174 lbs and Id love to lose 19 lbs but first, small steps. I try 2 lbs each week or 2 weeks. Started 3 weeks ago and lost 4,4 lbs so far :)