Need snack ideas

Hello, I noticed after keeping track of my food, that I do not get to my 1200/day. So I decided to add more snacks to my day hoping I get there.

I usually dont get hungry during the day, thats why I only eat twice a day. But I figured I can snack on little things here and there. Anyone have any ideas? Things like Almonds or other little items.
Thanks

Replies

• I usually incorpoarate things like fruits and veggies and sometimes something like a Speciak K snack bar.
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Hard boiled eggs. light cheese, 0% mf greek yogurt, walnuts......... all have protein (and are worth about 100 cals per serving). Sometimes I'll premeasure Multigrain cheerios for a crunchy, sweet snack. Lots of fruit n veggies. I pre weigh my snacks so I know exactly what I'm eating.
  • Satsumas are low calorie and are in season at the moment - I also keep a small tub of mixed nuts in case I'm going to the gym and need a bit extra - but make sure I only take about 15 with me as they are high in calories!
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Hi! If you eat small amounts of food several times throughout the day it helps keep your blood sugar level. I have learned to eat this way so I'm not so hungry at meal times also. Snacks: almonds, walnuts, cucumber, carrots, fresh fruit. Good luck!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Look at what your needs are... if you are high on protein, then chose a low protein snack.... wasa cracker with hummus or maybe guacamole.....

Don't worry so much about the calories. A calorie is not a calorie... There are many new scientific studies!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Favourite thing at the moment is over baked chickpeas. Wash them, roll them in kitchen paper to get the skins off, and roast them for about 15 mins. When they come out, sprinkle seasoning on - I like cajun!

Aside from that, carrots and celery with home-made humous is another fave, and fruit, seafood sticks, popcorn.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    I drink a lot of green tea which manages to keep me full. I also pair almonds with oranges, or cottage cheese with berries.
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Favourite thing at the moment is over baked chickpeas. Wash them, roll them in kitchen paper to get the skins off, and roast them for about 15 mins. When they come out, sprinkle seasoning on - I like cajun!

Aside from that, carrots and celery with home-made humous is another fave, and fruit, seafood sticks, popcorn.

That sounds yummy! Do you use the canned chickpeas? for the cajun seasoning, is it like a popcorn seasoning? What is a seafood stick?
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Look at what your needs are... if you are high on protein, then chose a low protein snack.... wasa cracker with hummus or maybe guacamole.....

Don't worry so much about the calories. A calorie is not a calorie... There are many new scientific studies!

There she is again on the freakin wall! How ya doing that?!
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336

tumblr_ljl7nbqWeJ1qj17kmo1_500.gif
  • Toast and peanut butter or toast and cheese either as a snack or for breakfast (glanced at your diary and I noticed you don't seem to eat breakfast) are both pretty light but can add a couple hundred easy calories. Cottage cheese is also a good high protien snack that can add a good amount of calories. Also you could try cooking with olive oil or something similar to add a few calories.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    If you're having a hard time getting to 1200, you should eat some more calorie dense foods for snacks. You mentioned almonds, also try sliced apples dipped in peanut or almond butter, cheese sticks, full fat dairy with some fruit, avocado, etc.
  • Markets can be complicated locations. Biscuits, sweets, and ice lotion beckon at every area. So that you don't get enticed by the fast foods and make reaction buys you'll later repent, never project into target without first supplying yourself with a healthy shopping list.
  • Markets can be complicated locations. Biscuits, sweets, and ice lotion beckon at every area. So that you don't get enticed by the fast foods and make reaction buys you'll later repent, never project into target without first supplying yourself with a healthy shopping list.

Any comment?

http://www.glenvalesupportedliving.com.au/