Find the Re-set button??

Hey MFP!
Last Jan 1st I committed myself to losing my baby weight x2, and by June-ish was down 40lbs (with about 10-15 left to get to goal weight). I was exercising 5-6 days a week, on days I didn't work out I wished I was, I craved it. Eating healthy was easy. Life was good. Then my husband got relocated across the state for his job and for three months we had crazy stressful times of him being away, me being a single mom, trying to sell our house and find a place to live. During that time I tried my best to keep on track, but not having the help of another parent found working out as much challenging, and stress-eating became habit. I managed to only gain about 5lbs, which was surprising after what I had been doing. A month ago we finally got settled again and I tried to re-focus, with minimal luck. Then stupid Thanksgiving happened and set me off on a week long binge that I have been unable to recover from. All of the focus and commitment I felt is out the window and I don't know how to get it back, but I need to soon as my pants are starting to fit too tight and I got rid of all my bigger sizes. Then part of me is like, why even bother with Christmas coming, just start again Jan 1st, but by then I'm sure the seams of my skinny jeans will all be burst! How do you get back on track??

Replies

• the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    I was just in the same boat, but mine was way too much beer & snacking weight. All of my favorite dress pants were getting too tight, and I just snapped. This was the week of Thanksgiving. I was careful with what I ate (tons of great food of course) but rather than pile my plate, I got a little scoop of everything. Even with Christmas coming with all the parties and goodies, there's not reason to NOT get back on track. Enjoy the parties and goodies, BUT just keep in mind to get a little bit of everything rather than a huge plate full. It can certainly be done, just be assertive with yourself and you can do it!

I'm down a pound (not much, BUT it's something!) despite just coming off of Thanksgiving and all of the leftovers!

JM
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    I too was stressed out much of October and into November with the impact of Sandy, moving and then Thanksgiving. I decided that I had better get back on track on Monday and I will allow myself Christmas treats on December 25th. My thought was that I had gained four pounds that I need to get off before gaining even one additional Christmas pound. Loosing four pounds now is better than loosing four plus pounds later!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    You've been hit by the "derailment bug" too, I see! November was hell for me too - 3 birthdays in 3 weeks, death in the family, halloween, thanksgiving, raining, not raining.....etc.

Worst thing you can do is wallow, whine and beat yourself up about it - that'll be more destructive in the long run than what you
    ended up eating.

Dust it off, today's a new day. Just be in the moment, "What can I do right now that will help me in that realm (of losing weight, being more healthy, etc.)?"

Good luck!!
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    You've been hit by the "derailment bug" too, I see! November was hell for me too - 3 birthdays in 3 weeks, death in the family, halloween, thanksgiving, raining, not raining.....etc.

Worst thing you can do is wallow, whine and beat yourself up about it - that'll be more destructive in the long run than what you
    ended up eating.

Dust it off, today's a new day. Just be in the moment, "What can I do right now that will help me in that realm (of losing weight, being more healthy, etc.)?"

Good luck!!
  • You can do it KELLIHOPE! Just start today and don't look back.
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    It sounds like you have been putting everyone (husband and kids) above you on your list of people to take care of. Bump yourself back to the top of that list! Get a massage!

My plan for the coming holiday season is to enjoy myself and treat myself on my anniversary and Christmas Day. I will not allow myself to give up every single day of the next month! I will try to exercise more and get enough sleep every single night. My goal will be to maintain my weight in December.

If we all remind ourselves that the holiday season is not really 40 days straight of splurging, we will be just fine. Good luck and keep checking in with MFP for motivation.