Body feels out of balance

Options
I don't know why this is happening, but three of the past five days, my body feels like it wants to completely shut down. I've lost a lot of weight, but it seems something else is happening to me. I'm waking up with a rapid heartrate at around 3am every day, I almost cannot sleep at night anymore, and my body feels like it wants to shut down. It starts right around my stomach and spreads to my entire body.

Is it anxiety over something, is my body starting to undergo changes? Someone help me out on this.

(And for the record, by the time you read this, I'll hopefully have a doctor's appointment today or tomorrow.)

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Up your protein! And if you are diabetic, maybe you should listen to what the doctor says today or tomorrow haha
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It could be anxiety, or any number of other things. Wish I could help more, but the best advice I can offer is to listen to your doctor and in the meantime maybe try some relaxation exercises (yoga, stretching, meditation). And if you eat or exercise close to bedtime, maybe don't do that, or try a glass of milk or decaf herbal tea before bed.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Good news. I'm at the doctor's office right how, so I hope to get some answer. Will let you know soon. Thanks for the advice so far.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It appears I have a problem in my stomach. My doctor has put me on a liquid diet and Prilosec to hopefully alleviate the problem. Anybody know a good place for a brothy soup lunch?
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Aww, no suggestions for lunch, but I hope you feel better!

Another thing to consider is if you're eating enough. You don't hit your 1200 goal a fair number of days - and it may be even more important to get enough nutrients as you recover from being sick. Honestly, I doubt that 1200 is enough even if you do eat that much

Focus on getting better for now! Good luck!