Just me :)

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Jessica.
A little bit about me: I am from NSW coast of Australia, I am 26 and married with two boys aged 5 and 6. I am owned by a cat called Mischa. I am a full time university student via distance doing law school full time and security and counter terrorism part time. I am a volunteer firefighter and also volunteer one day a fortnight at the local museum. My life goal is to be a legal officer in the Australian air force, this and the fact I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes are the reasons I am determined to lose weight.

I have been on my 'limited carb' diet now for about 3 weeks and have lost around 3kg (7lb) I do not eat bread, rice, pasta or other processed carbs and VERY limited starchy veges. This isn't because I think carbs are evil but just because I feel better without them. I allow myself a treat dinner once a month where I can eat whatever I want for one meal eg chinese. I have a weakness for diet cola and drink WAY to much than is good for me (about 3 liters a day...) but slowly weaning myself on to water and aim for one can a day. I limit myself to one coffee a week otherwise its green tea.

I have a LOT of weight to lose and aiming for the mid of my BMI range. I have lost the shame of how much I weight now as it has just become a number to me (I number I am trying to change) I weight 178kg at the moment and have over 100 to lose! I know it will be hard but I WILL be in that uniform within 4 years. :)

Replies

• KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    Hey there miss, I started at 148kg.. Am now at 117kg.

Also an aussie :)

I added you
  • AMTlovesyoga
    AMTlovesyoga Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not an Aussie :(
    But I am an Diet Coke addict.
    Add me if you'd like; we can help each other quit!!