two NSV's in a week.

Options
trogalicious
trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
I just had a moment of clarity.

In the past week, I've hit two non-scale personal victories.

Earlier this week, I noticed that I could see my waist. My honest-to-goodness-no-overlapping-flab waist. The dark meat. The good stuff. It wasn't that I had been actively trying to find it, just that I saw it the other day. To be honest, it scared me a little. Now, it isn't 100% completely uncovered, but we're at 80% uncovered. Just gotta get rid of the snack pack (I'm never calling it a muffin top or spare tire).

The second was even more shocking. Just now, I stepped up to wash my hands at work. Previously, part of my gut would bump against the sink. Didn't happen today... I just stepped right up. No gut resting on the sink. No water on the shirt because the gut fell in a little leftover water around the sink, etc.

It's the little things, folks.

Replies

• MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wow! big ones! or little ones, depending on the point of view :laugh: Seriously, thats super great!
  • fatgrape
    fatgrape Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing my little one, although I expect to be able to see the feet first. Little steps and all that.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Ha! I fear that I may have been misconstrued. Literally the waist is seen, the rest has been perfectly visible...

I was just so happy that my gut didn't hit the sink earlier that I may have failed to proof-read that post. Oh well.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Both are awesome, looking forward to having some NSV's like those!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go!
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Both are awesome, looking forward to having some NSV's like those!

You will bud. No doubt. Keep up with what you've been up to and you'll have it knocked out. I don't even think it's as much "gut" that is still living around my waist as much as a bit of leftover flab... and some loose skin.

Nothing that time and toning can't fix.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, great job on your weight loss, you have lost a whole person (hope you take that the right way). :smile:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I love the "little things" like being able to:

reach the middle of my back
    tie my shoes/paint my toenails and breathe at the same time
    fit comfortably through a public restroom stall door
    YES! not having my stomach bump the counter at the stove or sink
  • trogalicious
    Options
    That is awesome, great job on your weight loss, you have lost a whole person (hope you take that the right way). :smile:
    Thankya! Totally took it the right way. I actually joked along the way "Well, I've lost an infant!" didn't quite go over well in public. Same with "I've totally lost a second grader."
    I love the "little things" like being able to:

reach the middle of my back
    tie my shoes/paint my toenails and breathe at the same time
    fit comfortably through a public restroom stall door
    YES! not having my stomach bump the counter at the stove or sink

Exactly what I meant by the little things that make the big differences. Not having to cross my legs to tie my shoes, etc.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!