You've just won $500mil! What are you gonna' do with it?!

Options

Replies

• millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Contact an attorney and a financial advisor
    Give notice at work
    Pay off debts
    Buy a house and a new car
    Help out close family and friends
    Set aside college funds for my daughter
    Bulk up my retirement fundage
    Keep enough to pay for living expenses and tuition while I finish school so that I can be a full time student/ part time volunteer instead of a full time employee/ part time student with no time to volunteer...
    Donate the rest to local charities and start scholarship programs
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Buy my McDonalds and burn it to the ground. Move to Ireland. The end.

Best answer ever!! Lol

First thing I would do is grab my husband and children and get the hell out of California, because the state government would try to take all of it away in taxes. :laugh:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hubs announced his intentions this morning as follows: pack our vehicles up with whatever we can't live without, put them in storage (we're already renting a space), rent the house out, buy a house/year-round cabin in the woods, head somewhere tropical for the rest of winter. This last part shocked me a bit because he usually likes the winter but isn't looking forward to it this year for some reason.

As I was half awake I didn't have much to say at the time except that it all sounded good to me and I'd be happy to join him. Now that I've had some time to think, here are my ideas:
    1) pay off our vehicles, mortgage and any other loans - if we decide we don't want the cars anymore, give them to PBS
    2) book cross crountry train ride, or buy RV and drive, to Alaska - but save that for spring/summer when it's warmer
    3) adopt German Shorthair Pointer and/or Great Dane now that we have free time to be good doggy parents
    4) help Mom build her dream deck/sunroom

Probably plenty of other stuff I could think of if I had the time... :)
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    We've talked on this but one of the first thing is to be princesses. Hit the bridal shop of choice with all my girlfriends and shop sky's the limit wedding gowns.. then limo rides for a not really getting married bachelorette party complete with stocked bar moon roof.. it ALL.. then off to the clubs.. yes dressed like 12 white wedding contestants and drink & dance our butts off - strip clubs would be next.. Sis wants a wedding reception but I just want to get lucky a lot... (batting eyelashes) I was married and I didn't get all the fun stuff so - I WANT IT!! But I really want it with my best pals and I really think the sight of 12 runaway brides clubbing together is just such a good one!!

After that take care of the women in my life and the rare good people before joining gigolo of the week club... ;o) Good luck to everyone who plays!!!
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    nothing, absolutely nothing.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    bacon. lots of bacon.

then hookers and blow.

but first, bacon. and pie. maybe bacon pie.
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    lots of hookers & blow
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Change my number, then charter a plane to the Big Twelve Championship game Saturday. Go Big Red =)
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    PAY OFF STUDENT LOANS! Travel, travel, travel, buy my condo from my ex's parents, bring my family & friends to see me in FL...
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Psh, I've had this all in thought and plan.

1) I'd put a few million into a savings account.
    2) I'd buy a moderate sized house with a decent size of land. I'm talking at the most a 4 bedroom.
    3) Grandmother would be moved in with me and I'd make sure she gets good health care.
    4) I'd give both of my brothers 200,000 for college as well as my niece.
    5) I'd give some money to my boyfriends family for a house as well as my family.
    6) Buy a fuel efficient car.
    7) Pay for myself to go to college for psychiatry and not work during this course so I can study and do well.
    8) I would like to open a soup kitchen and a homeless shelter.

I'm sure I could think of other things, but primary concerns are making sure my family is taken care of and myself, and I want an education. Even if I don't have to work a day in my life, I'd want to.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I would secede from the union and make my own country called Petoria.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Pay off debt, pay off my mom's house, buy myself a truck, hire a maid, cut back to working part time. Give myself a reasonable monthly allowance and sock the rest away with my financial advisor so I don't go "lotty crazy" and lose it all.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't tell a soul. no one. i wouldn't appear on tv, i wouldn't tell my parents. nothing.

i'd pay off all my debt, and buy a small house. i'd put the rest in banks and mutual funds or other investment accounts. in a few months i'd probably quit my job and live off the interest, and never ever touch the principle.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    You should put a tree in your little house. Or put your little house in a tree. With a zipline.
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1. Pay off all student loans.
    2. Buy a car that i don't have to constantly fix.
    3. Invest.
    4. Get Married and go on an AWESOME LEGENDARY honeymoon world trip.

That order and all.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Buy a big bag of weed, and sit and trip out about what just happened.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Spread the wealth a little with loved one and get the hell out of dodge, travel, travel, travel.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Pay off Debts (mine and my family's), buy a house (my dream house is currently $1.4 Million), Buy a place in Hawaii. Put a bunch in the bank to help my bf's dad with his medical treatment, put my nieces and nephews through college, get married and have kids of my own and put some money in a bank account for their college education. Give lots to charity, mainly to the school where I used to work, set up a scholarship fund for the kids at that school, give to my current employer. I like my car so I'll keep it but I would finally get to buy my red convertible and buy my bf his jaguar :-) And Finally, Travel the world.
  • CandyDiehardBAMF
    CandyDiehardBAMF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd get season tickets to my Vikes, a big porch for my trailer home, probably bigger than my home itself, buy an elliptical, get a furnace (without right now), and donate a buttload to my local youth council (that I work with) for leadership training and additions to the skate park. Probably buy my family assorted things too, like porches lol..

Oh I'd also spend a week in Hawaii with a few bottles of tequila.
  • mkim3138
    Options
    i wouldn't tell a soul. no one. i wouldn't appear on tv, i wouldn't tell my parents. nothing.

i'd pay off all my debt, and buy a small house. i'd put the rest in banks and mutual funds or other investment accounts. in a few months i'd probably quit my job and live off the interest, and never ever touch the principle.

^yup & build a gym next to my bedroom, two a days!