Great blizzard run

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
After 3 days of working and basically hibernating because I live in Pittsburgh part of the snow covered mid atlantic, I have been itching for a run, and knowing I need one. I couldnt even get to the gym cause theier power was out!!!! So its been killing me so I put on warmies sunglasses and a reflective vest and braved a 1.5 mile run. On my walk back home(cause I couldnt handle watching every single step whilst cranking out a tempo run, a man stopped me and said in 40 years he has NEVER ran for a cup of coffee let alone in a blizzard. Hes a vet to the sport and offered up great advice on the thon. I told him I was training and he said Ill see you there!!!! Its great when you wanna quit or just be snuggled at home with hot cocoa watching bad movies and come across a fellow runner!!! That made my 25 degree wintery run worth while!!!!

Replies

• mhesterruns
    Options
    Good for you! I am in the DC area with 20 inches on the ground. I tried to run but after 7 minutes (I had my timer going) I came home. I couldn't handle the ice and snow. I didn't want ot fall and break an arm! I came home and ran circles in my middle floor. As I passed the windows I wished for clear roads!:happy:
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Good for you! I am in the DC area with 20 inches on the ground. I tried to run but after 7 minutes (I had my timer going) I came home. I couldn't handle the ice and snow. I didn't want ot fall and break an arm! I came home and ran circles in my middle floor. As I passed the windows I wished for clear roads!:happy:
    I spent more time switiching road signs and slowing down on bad patches. I thought u guys got more...we have 24.8 or somewhere in that ball park. PLUS supposedly up to a foot more tommorrow thru wed afternoon. This is getting ridiculous!!!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Joanie that is awesome and you remain inspiring! I fell off the C25K plan a while back but have recently resumed and am now on Week 4. I wouldn't think of going out in this crap and it truely shows how dedicated you are! KEEP ON ROCKING! (....or uh, RUNNING!) :drinker:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    According to Danny Dreyer (ChiRunning author), running on ice can be a great way to test your midfoot strike....that's if you are working on that. :) Good job!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    Joanie that is awesome and you remain inspiring! I fell off the C25K plan a while back but have recently resumed and am now on Week 4. I wouldn't think of going out in this crap and it truely shows how dedicated you are! KEEP ON ROCKING! (....or uh, RUNNING!) :drinker:
    is there a particular 5 k ur shooting for??? AND THANK YOU BY THE WA!!!!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I haven't pin pointed one yet, I'm looking to do my first one early spring. Are you going to be in any around here anytime soon?