I'VE HAD IT!

Options

Replies

• MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    When I hit 156lbs and thought, "holy *kitten*...that's closer to 200 than 100". HUUUUGE wakeup call. Literally.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Although I looked pretty bad, my moment came in Dec. 2010 when my blood pressure was at stroke level and my health was going down the tubes. Being overweight in your 20s can be a huge hindrance. Being overweight in your 40s can be a death sentence. I chose life! I decided I wanted to live to see all of my children grow up and be there for my future grandchildren.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I want to hear about your moment where you had it! You were so sick of being unhealthy and overweight! You were so ready for a change and couldn't wait to get started!!

My I'VE HAD IT moment was when my dad and sister... yes my dad and sister.. Told me that I was way too big and really needed to start watching what I was eating. Also, I so had it when I really didn't want to go anywhere at all because I was so embarrassed what I looked like and didn't want people to start talking about me (I live in a VERY small town). I would dread going anywhere and also had nothing to wear because I couldn't fit in any of my clothes anymore!

Now you?

Sounds so much like me... My family told me I needed to lose weight. That didn't bother me so much. What bothered me was realizing that I couldn't just go to walmart and grab a pair of jeans and be good. I'd have to go somewhere speical and pay MORE money. But my biggest "I've had it" moment was just being in public and listening to people whisper and laugh at me or make comments behind my back. That was my I've had it moment... I don't like that people look at me, when I'm not even as big as others and make jokes.
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    One of my friends got married when I was 3 weeks postpartum....I thought i looked nice in my dress but when she e-mailed me the pictures the only thing that looked good was my hair (lol) My body looked like a fat blob and my face looked like a puffer fish. That day I committed myself to losing all the baby weight and then some!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When I'd been in karate for three years and realized I'd never meet the requirements for the week long black belt test at 255 lbs. I knew it was do or die and I was either going to do something about it or quit karate.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    When I hit 156lbs and thought, "holy *kitten*...that's closer to 200 than 100". HUUUUGE wakeup call. Literally.
    So, it literally called you and woke you up? Incredible.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I never got fat, although I was probably headed that way, but I was sooo out of shape. My "I've had it!" moment occurred one day when I was walking up the very few stairs it takes to get to my work. It actually made my leg muscles burn a little, and that made me so angry at myself. I was a 21 year old college student who couldn't even handle going up a flight of stairs! I had also recently started watching a television show filled with really in shape actors, and although I knew they spent an insane amount of time on their bodies, they were still younger than me, and probably had way less free time than I did. So why couldn't I work on my body a little bit?
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My wedding photos, me and my husband both cringed big time when we saw them. I had previously lost 30 lbs, but after a relative died I gained them all back with some extra. As soon as we saw them..i was like..so um...yea...im starting to lose weight again like tomorrow and your doing it with me. Been going ever since, hit a bit of a month long bump from an injury but now im back on it.
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My moment was one morning in January, I got out of the shower and I caught of glimpse of myself in the mirror. I just stood in horror! I had been dodging mirrors for so long that I didn't even realize how large I had gotten! And then I got on the scale and saw that I was over 200 pds! Even though I cried, I am now grateful for that moment :smile:
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I had enough when i looked down in the shower and couldn't see my junk.

I've never been able to see my junk in the shower. :'(
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    When I weighed myself before we went to Disney World and weighed 232...I had thought I was only about 200. Denial, much?
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I received a call to report to the upstairs conference room to answer some questions. I walked up the 20 steps and into a room full of the Company leaders ... I answered questions while I fought like hell to catch my breath. The next day I started on MFP!
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    when the nurse practitioner at my drs office asked if i had considered lap band surgery...

that did it for me!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    When I started hiding from my friends b/c I was embarrassed about how I looked. I would constantly find excuses to stay home when the real reason was that I was just ashamed of how I looked. Still have a long way to go but working on it..
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It was when my two older sisters came to visit and I looked just like them. That and I looked like a stuffed sausage in my size twelve jeans. I either had to buy size 14's and admit defeat or lose weight and invest in smaller pants.
  • GRINWITHIN
    GRINWITHIN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I went to go visit my old roommate who I have not seen since we both went our separate ways in 1986, When the pics came back, my old roommate was "older" but no different. I thought I looked really good until the pictures came back and I was like a freaking beach ball! Even since my profile photo, I put on 56 pounds since I went back to school and became unemployed.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I guess my 'I've had it" moment happened in Jan of this year when I finally got sick and tired of the way my knee hurt every time I walked up and down the stairs. I walked up looking like a drunk sailor and came down them waddling like a penguin. Yeah sounds funny has hell but on so friggin painful. I want more from my child free years then pain and aggravation. So I decided it was time to start moving more and eating less and to keep a fitness diary. Weight loss is secondary to being pain-free whether sleeping or awake.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I had a cancer scare. Happily, it turned out to be nothing, but my doc tols me to avoid some of the symptoms I was having, I should put some thought into improving my diet and possibly getting some exercise. At the same time, I was dealing with my Mom having a LOT of health issues, many of which could've been averted by small changes to her diet and exercise habits - I don't want to find myself in a similar place when I'm her [pretty young] age.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    2 things happened:

I went to a gym and weighed myself. Formerly, I did not own a scale, told myself that as long as I liked what I saw in the mirror I didn't need a scale. And then I proceeded to hide from mirrors and photography for years. When I weighed myself, I knew I wasn't going to like what it said, and I hoped it would be below 200. Turns out it was 237. That was a shock, quite an unpleasant one.

A student of mine, a petite young lady, came up to me for a hug (4th grade). She wrapped her little arms around my very round, prominent stomach, looked up at me with innocent eyes, and asked if it helped to keep me warm at night, like a polar bear? I cried.

I went on the Special K diet right after that. Which was useless. Then I found thedailyplate.com. That was better,but so tedious entering every daily activity, and I quit it. I was searching for a replacement calorie counter, and found MFP. The rest........you know.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    There have been many a moments, but they pass, then the next moment would hit. I needed a new outfit for the Christmas party, it too would pass, being at a event with the husband and wondering why he was here with me when everyone else was prettier, a wedding coming up great, another clothes buying event and we would be on to the next dreadful moment. I just got tired of all the moments I hated in my life. I wanted to get healthier for me and hopefully I will have better moments in life instead of dreadful moments.