For the geeks... a risk analysis of the nudie pic

Options
MireyGal76
MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
Ok, so having been on MFP for about 10 months, it’s become clear that as a decent looking female, it’s inevitable that at some point you’ll get the request for nudie pics from someone. Lol

DISCLAIMER: No point in asking for nudies - I keep my nudies for my man

But it did get me thinking... I was thinking about how I am willing to post my abs, but not nudie shots, and why. (Purely analytical here – not talking sexually). I look at myself very analytically when I look in the mirror – very rarely do I look at any of my pics and go, “hey, that’s sexy”. In fact, more often than not I’ll go “ooh, my obliques look nasty there”, or “wow, does my belly button look odd”, or “ok, the abs look pretty fine there”, or "dear lord, lay off the chips"

But when it really comes down to it, I was curious as to why I have such an aversion (and yes I say aversion) to the nudie shots. So I decided to do a risk analysis.

Here’s where I went with this…
Say "you" ask for some “photographic art”.
Possible responses:
- you think they (the pics) are hideous. And say so. That would suck
Probability of that happening. 1/5 (you’re not mean!)
Severity if it does 5/5
Risk: 5

- you think they're hideous, but aren't mean, so you say they're nice... but I doubt.
P: 2
S: 2
R 4

- you think they're nice and say so, but I'll wonder if its true
P: 4
R: 8

- you love em and say so, but I doubt
P: 3 <- a result of my poor self-esteem
R: 6

- you love them, say so, and I believe you
P:2
S:1
R 2

So based on that analysis, I realized that the greatest risk is not that someone will hate my pics, and say so. The greatest risk is that I'll doubt the sincerity of that person’s response -- because I still doubt myself. I am confident in my abs, and shoulders. The rest… well I need to work on my confidence there.

The risk doesn't lie in another person's perception of me. It turns out that whether they hate it or love it doesn't even really factor into the risk equation.

The fact of the matter is that simply, it is all on ME. MY perception of ME. I am my own worst enemy.

Interesting. Or at least, it's interesting to me!

NOTE: this is not a call to men to offer to help me with my confidence level! ;)

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Men just wanna see women naked. Period.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options

She speaks the truth.. Also, this made my head hurt.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    As a man I can confirm this
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    So what you're saying is that you want to send a bunch of us naked pics so that we will tell you they look good to boost your confidence?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Ok, so having been on MFP for about 10 months, it’s become clear that as a decent looking female, it’s inevitable that at some point you’ll get the request for nudie pics from someone. Lol

DISCLAIMER: No point in asking for nudies - I keep my nudies for my man

But it did get me thinking... I was thinking about how I am willing to post my abs, but not nudie shots, and why. (Purely analytical here – not talking sexually). I look at myself very analytically when I look in the mirror – very rarely do I look at any of my pics and go, “hey, that’s sexy”. In fact, more often than not I’ll go “ooh, my obliques look nasty there”, or “wow, does my belly button look odd”, or “ok, the abs look pretty fine there”, or "dear lord, lay off the chips"

But when it really comes down to it, I was curious as to why I have such an aversion (and yes I say aversion) to the nudie shots. So I decided to do a risk analysis.

Here’s where I went with this…
    Say "you" ask for some “photographic art”.
    Possible responses:
    - you think they (the pics) are hideous. And say so. That would suck
    Probability of that happening. 1/5 (you’re not mean!)
    Severity if it does 5/5
    Risk: 5

- you think they're hideous, but aren't mean, so you say they're nice... but I doubt.
    P: 2
    R 4

- you think they're nice and say so, but I'll wonder if its true
    P: 4
    R: 8

- you love em and say so, but I doubt
    P: 3 <- a result of my poor self-esteem
    R: 6

- you love them, say so, and I believe you
    P:2
    S:1
    R 2

So based on that analysis, I realized that the greatest risk is not that someone will hate my pics, and say so. The greatest risk is that I'll doubt the sincerity of that person’s response -- because I still doubt myself. I am confident in my abs, and shoulders. The rest… well I need to work on my confidence there.

The risk doesn't lie in another person's perception of me. It turns out that whether they hate it or love it doesn't even really factor into the risk equation.

The fact of the matter is that simply, it is all on ME. MY perception of ME. I am my own worst enemy.

Interesting. Or at least, it's interesting to me!

NOTE: this is not a call to men to offer to help me with my confidence level! ;)

I doubt myself all the time.

that being said, a man will NEVER turn down a nudie pic.....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Huh?

And my boobs are still hysterical.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I agree with your Risk Assessment. This sentence here sums it up nicely. "The fact of the matter is that simply, it is all on ME. MY perception of ME. I am my own worst enemy."

I think a lot of us feel this way sometimes.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    This has been posted before. Or was it in a blog? Regardless, are you the original author?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Thread disappoints.
  • odusgolp
    Options

Your boobs are hysterical too...
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Wow... Someone who analizes things more than I do....
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yea, once you've seen one hot naked woman, well, you pretty much want to see them all.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    After seeing the NC-17 thread, with its pics including tufts of *kitten* hair, this no longer holds true. :sick:
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    I have yet to have this proven to my satisfaction.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    After seeing the NC-17 thread, with its pics including tufts of *kitten* hair, this no longer holds true. :sick:

*gag* I knew there was a reason I didn't join that group.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I have yet to have this proven to my satisfaction.

Sorry. I owe you still. And Brett. Shameful that I don't just have them set as my main image, really...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Its not a risk its a certainty that some people will take the pictures and repost them on other sites of varying repute. In other words, you will end up on "femuscle" sites, etc......
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I couldn't read all of that. Could you send me naked pictures?

lol
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    *gag* I knew there was a reason I didn't join that group.
    All trimmed up front, but a big ugly shrub poking out from the backyard.
This discussion has been closed.