Food...snacks especially!

Options
Anyone have any great ideas for foods especially snacks that taste good and fill u up but without killing daily calories? I get absolutely ravenous sometimes..one thing i've found is that an entire can of tuna on a slice of potato bread is only 200 calories which is awesome for filling me up and great for my skin and hair but doesn't taste all that great....

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    And apple with one of the following is not much more than 200 calories fills me up

Seapoint Farms dry roasted edamame
    3 Tbs hummus
    Kashi Peanut Peanut Butter TLC bar
    Palmful of nuts
    Smoked salmon
  • jetsetwilly
    jetsetwilly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Seapoint Farms dry roasted edamame
    Second this--So good! Other suggestions:
    Hard boiled eggs/egg whites
    Low fat cottage cheese
    Greek Yogurt with fruit

I also LOVE steamed broccoli with red wine vinegar and salt/pepper/italian seasoning. It's really low calorie so you can eat a lot of it.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit, cup of tea and about 1/8 cup of nuts is less than 200 calories and will stave off hunger until your next meal.

Also, greek yogurt with tea and fruit.
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A piece of apple pie.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My favourite snack ever right now is this dip with fruit:

A 500g container of fat free vanilla greek yogourt
    4 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1/4 tsp cinnamon.

Stir it up, keep it in the fridge and have two tbsp with your fruit as a snack. It gives you a little extra protein for about 60 calories. (So if you add in roughly 100 cal for a piece of fruit, you still have a decent snack for less than 200 cal).

It is seriously delicious.
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and Peanut butter sounds lovely, will have try that one :)
  • smurfy641
    Options
    Lol...apple pie huh...sounds good :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    psyllium husk mixed with water
  • smurfy641
    Options
    I eat lots of broccoli and chicken for supper most nights :) good stuff. all i put on it is a little lawry's seasoning..kids and fiancee (who used to hate broc) love it that way too! cottage cheese is good and hard-boiled eggs are amazing too..kinda forgot about those..i'm not sure what edamame is but i will google it :) thanks everyone!
  • smurfy641
    Options
    Yogurt and pb dip sounds yummy! especially with apples i bet...i eat a slice of pb toast everyday (or close to it) for bfast..i will google psyllium husk also...
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Steak