Gluten free pizza suggestions?

Options
I'm not one for "modifying" the things I love, I'd rather just stop eating it. But I'm not sure how much longer I can live w/out pizza. Can anyone suggest a recipe or place in the north NJ area that has awesome gluten free crust?

...and by pizza I mean crust, marinara, parmesan and mozz, not some weird thing w/ goat cheese, endives and pesto sauce. I'm from NY, don't insult me!! :laugh:

Replies

• bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Glutino? I like some of theirs. I am also eating gluten free, which can be frustrating. Good luck!:drinker:
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ha...I just responded to your post as well :tongue:

Never heard of it, will have to check it out! Bread is becoming as issue on the weekends, I find.

Picked up some Bob's Red Mill gluten free pizza mix...going to try to make a deep dish out of it this weekend. Hoping for good results!!
  • runnninginmd
    Options
    I've used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix and it was pretty decent for being gluten free.
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    I've used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix and it was pretty decent for being gluten free.

Cool, good to know. I also got BRM cornbread mix to make mini corn dogs...we shall seeeee!!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Have friends who have used cauliflower for crust. I got the cauliflower but havent' made it yet. My one friend who didn't use to eat anything bit odd really liked it. I mean the man had never had shrimp before or micro beer! He made it last weekend and said it was great, even his father liked it. I think cauliflower is gluten free.

Maybe I will make it tonite!

I been into cornmeal lately, wonder if there is a recipe for pizza crust with that. should be!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Cool, good to know. I also got BRM cornbread mix to make mini corn dogs...we shall seeeee!!

Are you Celiac, allergic, or just GF for fun?
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    haha
    i've found udi's crust good - it can be found at most major grocery stores now.

but another idea - if you can get your hands on some GF english muffins,
    slice those in half and use as pizza crusts and make mini pizzas!
    top with whatever you want: cheese, ham, veggies, etc.
  • dorkyhippy
    Options
    For a "quick fix" suggestion - Domino's has good gluten free crust that is relatively cheap compared to other pizza places.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Mini corndogs!!! YUMO!
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    @Jason - not celiac, but my doc put me on a gluten-free diet anyway that seems to be helping tremendously.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love the "amys" brand the rice crust one is my fave..
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Domino's. No joke.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    If you have a BJ's Brewery they have a lot of GF foods. I have a friend who is GF and loves their pizza (and cookie thingy LOL)
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When I make pizza I just use 1/3 parts tapioca flour 2/3 parts brown rice flour and make it as I normally would otherwise.
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    THANK YOU, everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i use portebello mushrooms as the "crust". it's all over pinterest and it's very good
  • jbnl1991
    jbnl1991 Posts: 149
    Options
    My family stopped eating wheat last spring and pizza was what we missed the most. Domino's gluten free pizza crusts are good. I also like Udi's gluten free pizza crust and bread.
  • sammyjtc
    Options
    The pizza mix by Namaste foods is really good.
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Everything in Pizza is Gluten Free except the crust. So you need to go with Corn Meal or Potator or Rice flour to make the crust.

However talk with your local Pizza stores. There are some here that sell Gluten free pizza. Of course the crust is really different but it has all the sauce, cheese and meat that you like.

Good luck
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    One word: Meatza.

Seriously, one time I bought pizza crust by Chebe. It was great. But I can't find it anymore.