These last 20 pounds!!

Options
So I was wondering if anyone else is having trouble as they near their weight loss goal. I started at 186, went down to 146, but am now averaging 150 (post holidays, hehe). I've been stuck at the 146-150 stage for months now. It's been so much more difficult trying to drop these last 20 pounds (I'd like to get to 130). I will admit that I haven't been in the gym as much or logging calories as often as I was in the beginning. I guess I got complacent? Anyone else in a similar spot and trying to kick it in gear again? :) Friend me, if so! Maybe we can motivate each other.

Replies

• NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way for these last 6 pounds! I've lost 55 since February and got very loose in November and haven't lost anything yet. Just up and down the same 4 pounds. I'm hoping for a scale change on Friday's weigh in, but I definitely feel like I need to recommit and just lose that last bit. I'm at 136 and want to get down to at least 132 and hopefully 130.

Sending you a friend request. Good luck!
  • kissmisskate
    kissmisskate Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, with the same CW and goal to boot! I really struggle with snacking and eating out, so I'm trying to get in the habit of keeping healthy snacks in my purse as well as kicking up the exercise. Sending you a request, hope we can kick those last lingering lbs!
  • jtr752
    Options
    I too am so frustrated with how slow my weight loss is as I get closer to my goal weight. I've read several rticles on plateaus and they all say vary your exercise and do more interval training (with higher intensity). I started doing tabata intervals this week (which is a form of interval trainings)....will let you know how it works. I gotta break through this 20-22 lb loss range....keep thinking I am going to hit 25lbs down any day now but NOOOOOO. Any tips appreciated!!
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been the same weight for 2 months, can't seem to lose the 6 I want to lose. They say the last lbs are the hardest, ugh!
  • benz1234
    benz1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What I have been doing is having 900 calories a day. This has helped me. I was at a Weight Loss Clinic years ago and this is what they suggested and it worked for me. I also consume a lot of veggies. Hope this helps.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    What I have been doing is having 900 calories a day. This has helped me. I was at a Weight Loss Clinic years ago and this is what they suggested and it worked for me. I also consume a lot of veggies. Hope this helps.

Please do not give this "advise" to anybody.....900 calories a day might help you lose a bunch of muscle and mess your metabolism up...:sad: :noway: :mad:
    Eat at a smaller deficit, lift heavy weights...It does take the longest to lose....
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you want. CW: 153-155 -- GW: 140 (this number gets lowered the closer I get to it). I recently put it at 140, hopefully soon I can put it to 135.