Reclaiming My Life

Hi, I'm Sarah. I've been overweight for as long as I could remember and it has seriously taken a toll on my life. I never had many friends because I was too shy and lacked self-esteem. I hated school because of this and my work suffered, even causing me to stay back once. This would have been my senior year, but I dropped out before it could begin. I've tried to lose weight in the past, but lacked the motivation to stick with it. Now I'm trying again and this time I vow to see it through until the end. I want to be happy and confident in my body so I can accomplish the things I want to in life. I want to get my GED and go to college, and hopefully have a successful career after. I want to make friends and date and be able to run without being out of breath, not to mention get healthy, especially because diabetes and heart disease run in my family. I'm staring the couch to 5k today and am on day five of Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred. I can do this!

Replies

• That is such a good way to put it! I too want to reclaim my life. I feel like my weight rules me and affects everything I do!

You can do it! x