morning or evening workout??

Options
I've heard its good to work out in the morning, it gives you energy and helps set the pace for your day. but I've also heard that it doesnt matter what time of day, as long as it gets done.

what does everyone think??

Replies

• augustbells
    Options
    I think that it depends on the person. Some people are better in the morning before work, others are better after work. I believe it doesn't really matter...as long as you don't workout right before bed.
  • beccao
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time you do it, as long as you are getting your exercise! Keep up the hard work!!!!!!!
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Working out in the morning helps to jumpstart your metabolism.
    I also feel like I have more energy throughout the day when I begin with an AM workout :happy:
    Heck, there are days when I workout in both the AM and the PM just because I feel good :drinker:
    Most importantly, do what works for you...
    Best of luck to you!
    :flowerforyou: T
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I don't think it *really* matters, I think it is up to the person.
    I know for ME personally, if I don't do it within the EARLIER part of the morning (ie: before noon) I won't end up doing it.
    I'll keep putting it off, or something comes up, etc.
    I like to get it done early and then shower and start the day fresh.
  • kenya84
    Options
    I don't think it really matters. Everybody is different. Me personally I get very tired throughout the day when i exercise in the morning. However, when I work out in the evening I have lots of energy and I am able to get through my workout without slacking!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I like to workout in the evening after dinner...probably, cause I am a procrastinator
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    double post
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Whatever works for you. If you can workout late and still get quality sleep, then bang it out. If you're a morning person and enjoy getting up to see Dawn's crack, then roll with it. If you're insane you can do both, just remember to alternate a hard day with an easy day so your body can recover. Easy doesn't mean lazy either...:yawn: Rock On!
  • hmr1117
    Options
    I actually do both....I have a 20 min work out in the AM <Jillian Michaels 30day shred> and in the evening I do a Wii Active workout which is usually 45 min long or so...and either way it is working off calories, so I think it just depends on the person what works for them...I like the small but hard workout in the morning to get me up and going for the day and the easier longer workout in the evening to keep the metabolism going while I sleep. My husband on the other hand works out at night because he is exhausted afterwards and cant be tired at work. Its all in prefrence I think! Good luck!
  • LETIN1
    LETIN1 Posts: 38
    Options
    It just depends on you. I personallly enjoy working out a night. Mornings are impossible for me. I have two kids and a husband. I have to get breakfast, lunch ready and drop off the kids. Then I am out doing other stuff. If I get a chance around 1:00-2:00 pm, I will workout. :smile: