Healthy Pregnancy Friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• StephanieDGlenn
    Options
    Hey! I was on a low carb diet prior to becoming pregnant, and now I've been on track eating pretty good for the baby and I. I'm at the end of month 4, and my doctor has increased my calorie intake from 2000/daily to 2400 to 2800 a day, because of my workouts. Is this normal? I barely hit 2000 daily trying to eat "healthy." Don't get me wrong, I love to eat! But, I am trying to decrease any chances of complications during labor and gestational diabetes by watching my weight gain. Anyone else having trouble getting the recommended calorie intake for pregnancy based on your BMI?
  • skinnyskinny2bythor
    Options
    something that helped me during my pregnancy with my son a few years back was the Ensure shakes - I would have one a day, and at the very end 2. They would curb my cravings, give me lots of great nutrients, and were super yummy, especially when you wake up ready to eat a moose at 2am! I would chug one and head right back to bed - 3 minutes tops!
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    morning/afternoon everyone!

I've just found out last week that i'm pregnant. 5 week and 2 days now! So excited :)

Been concerned about my weight now for a while. I'm hoping to continue trying to eat healthy, and make better food choices though out my pregnancy.

Would love friends who are also expecting xx
  • wyldflowrr2013
    Options
    Please feel free to add me (anyone of you ladies, that are pregnant) I'm not looking to lose but rather to hold myself accountable to a healthier pregnancy so I bounce back a little easier LOL This is my seventh child :)