Need Support: Weght loss after Gastric Band Surgery

Options
Hi - I just had gastric band surgery in late August. I've lost 68 pounds since July 28th (I lost so some before surgery). I feel like my friends and family aren't really sure how to take me now. I am in such a time of transition, and I need an understanding friend. I've asked my family and loved ones to log on and see and be a part of my progress, but only my Dad did. I feel lonely & am just looking for a friend. I am hoping to lose much more weight. It's a hard transition to make. I know I should be psyched, but I feel very self-conscious and unsettled with all this change. Anyway, just looking for some support.

Replies

• felty512
    Options
    Hey OnMyWay,
    Im Donna, I am 3 week post op with the gastric sleeve. I have lost 23 lbs so far. I have spent alot of the last 3 week totally depressed and Im just now starting to "look at the brighter side" Im also looking for a support person, who can understand what I am going through.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Friend me. I had RNY in may. My father had RNY 3 years ago, and my mother and sister both had gastric banding in the last 3 year. They also both had theirs removed. But would love to be friends and offer any support I can. It is an interesting journey for sure!
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey OnMyWay,
    Im Donna, I am 3 week post op with the gastric sleeve. I have lost 23 lbs so far. I have spent alot of the last 3 week totally depressed and Im just now starting to "look at the brighter side" Im also looking for a support person, who can understand what I am going through.

Hey you should friend me too. You are surely not alone!
  • felty512
    Options
    I sent both of ya'll friend requests
  • Thanks so much :-) you are very sweet!
  • :-) I look forward to chatting
  • scorepiyo
    scorepiyo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hey feel free to add me, sad to hear your family is not on board quite yet, but your mfp are like a family in their own weight for weight transitions
  • Betaway
    Betaway Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't had my surgery yet, have 3 more months to go with dietician so hoping for Surgery in September, october 2013 looking for a support groups as well. add me please