Ran my first 5k- and 112 lbs lost since 3/2012

Options
2»

Replies

• DankiStar
    Options
    OMG I started crying when I saw your pictures. Even just your face in the after shots looks so much happier! Congratulations on your loss and your 5km - I am aiming to run 5km, that's one of my short term goals, and I am so inspired by your post!

Awesome work!
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

Morning of 5k

Before pic:

I was always the fat sister- NOT ANYMORE!! Nothing feels better!!!:)

>>snipped pic out as per admin<<

I cannot even believe these pics are the same person. You're sure a lil cutie. (even a not so lil cutie in the one)

You NEED to be damn proud of yourself young lady
  • mona3207
    mona3207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow Just joined the group and what an inspiration, was it done by calorie counting and excersise? well done you look great x
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you are a legend well done xxx this is was its about getting fit and changing your life conrats xxxxx
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    wow! thats is SUCH a great job! you look amazing :)
  • emily_bird
    Options
    Incredible accomplishment ! Well done!
  • rachieray81
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you everyone for the incredibly kind words! You know how to make a girl smile!! To answer a few questions I saw-
    1- I lost all the weight the good old fashioned way start to finish- I ate less and moved more. For the first 7 months (March 2012 til Oct 2012) I ate 1200 calories a day. I worked out 4-6 days a week. I promised myself in the beginning I'd start walking and then over time I increased my speed, distance, added hand weights and then coupled it with biking. Now I run 3 days a week about 3 miles a day, bike 10 miles 2 times a week and I do Zumba when I can- which is about 1 or 2 days a week. In general, I make sure I am just overall active- I take my kids on strolls in the evenings and I park far away at the store. I truly taught myself how to love activity and not hate movement anymore. I am up to 1400 calories a day, but I let myself eat a little more if I have a day that I really busted my butt exercising- like if I ran AND did Zumba in the same day. It's about balance and finding what works for every individual. I never thought I could lose this much weight but now looking back, while it is challenging training your mind to work a different way, the actual equation to the weight loss is very simple. I am looking to lose about 10 more lbs and I will be done, but if it doesn't come off as fast as the first 112, that's fine with me, I feel like the emergency weight (in that it REALLY needed to come off BADLY) is taken care of and if I lose the last 10 lbs at .5 lb a week, that is FINE WITH ME!!!
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    well done you should be do proud - so good to tick off that first 5 kms :)
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing, the transformation is phenomenal. Your family should be so proud of what you have achieved.

I hope I can look as good as you one day x
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    WOW So needed your inspiration today. I am doing the couch to 5k programme. I'm supposed to be in week8 but I think I'm going to have to backtrack to week5 as I can only just make a 20 min run. Have been losing and gaining the same 2lb for weeks now. Seriously need a kick up the bum and some motivation to get moving again. So well done to you. Such an achievement and you look great
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow- you really look brilliant!
  • xayuk
    xayuk Posts: 4
    Options
    You look amazing. You are truly a very good inspiration .Well done!
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Great job!
  • rachieray81
    Options
    OMGosh! Good for you!!! You shoulda seen my face when I saw your before picture. I even shook my head at the same time! CRAZINESS!!! I cannot WAIT to have a transformation like that. Proud of you! Good for you!!! So, what are you doing now? What did you do to lose all your weight? And what are you doing to keep it off? Thanks!!! :)

I wanted to reply to you because a lot of people ask me what I did!!:) I dropped my calories and busted my tail! For the first 7 months I was on 1200 calories and I was exercising 4-7 days a week. My exercise progressed from walking, to walking with weights, to speed walking, added biking about 3 months in and worked each week to increase my speed and intensity, and then I started running intervals and eventually got to where I could run for 30 or 40 minutes straight without stopping (about 3 miles) 3 times a week and I bike about 2 times a week for about 10 miles. As a treat to myself, I started Zumba last month and I do that about once a week. I upped my calories to 1400 in October and I occasionally let myself eat more, especially if it is a day that I have worked out twice (like running in the morning and Zumba at night). It's a balancing act and I always err on the side of safety- I do not want to gain!!:) I am overall more active- playing with my kids, taking them on strolls, park further away at the store and I'm always up for anything that keeps me moving because that will ultimately help my goal of staying thin!! I had to teach myself to love fitness and while that took some time, I can say I actually thrive on being active and mentally I need it in my life- I don't just do it because I know I have to:) Good luck to you!!! I am just a normal person living a normal life with normal circumstances- I always say if I can do it- ANYONE can! And that means YOU! Your success pics will be on here SOON!!!! BELIEVE IT!:)
  • rachieray81
    Options

Morning of 5k

Before pic:

I was always the fat sister- NOT ANYMORE!! Nothing feels better!!!:)

>>snipped pic out as per admin<<

I cannot even believe these pics are the same person. You're sure a lil cutie. (even a not so lil cutie in the one)

You NEED to be damn proud of yourself young lady

You can bet I am!! I love that most people don't even recognize me anymore- particularly people that haven't seen me in a while. FEELS AMAZING!!!:)
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    totally inspirational.....well done....you look happy, healthy and strong :)
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    YEAH for you!!!! A 5K AND body transformation on the same success story. Great job. You look fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!