Looking for members who are toning up, not necessarily losin

Options
Few weeks new to this site. My fitness goal isn't really to lose weight. I am currently 5'7" and approx 135 pounds. My goal is more to tone up the midsection and give a little oomp to the rear section. I am a mommy so I do have that extra belly pooch. I started a little over 2 weeks ago with light resistance and cardio for 30 minutes. Focusing on the obliques/abs and rear muscles. I do somewhat of a circuit training where I do fast pace walking/stairs/resistance so keep my heartrate up and get in that toning. (just got a treadmill and home gym and home so I will be utilizing those also) Just wondering if there are others out there with my same goal in mind.. or at least similar. I'm looking for some tips and helpful hints to tone up those areas and get rid of my last little bit of chub. :)

I have also been maintaining my calorie intake goal. Which in general is my normal eating range, ive just made a few healther swap outs for certain things.

Thanks for any input and ideas.
:)

Replies

• meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby in April, and I have the same problem...that darn leftover baby fat! haha...i recommend Pilates, targets the core very much so! Most pilates exercises work your legs, butt and abs at the same time! ive been doing them for over a month and i have notcied a HUGE difference in my stomach and thighs! Hope this helps :)
  • nmluna
    nmluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll have to check out pilates.. That is one that I havn't tried yet.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Diet is a big key also! My kid is 13 years old and I STILL feel like I have the pooch...not sure if it'll ever go away. LOL...
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later