Future bride trying to get in shape and looking for support!

Options
Hi Everyone!
I have used MFP once before this last summer, but have fallen off the bandwagon! I am getting married in less than 4months and have already been working out for 4 weeks. I have noticed in the mirror that I have toned up, but the scale is killing me because it hasn't moved. I don't have a lot to lose, probably 10 pounds but unfortunately I use that as an excuse to say "oh I have time" but the truth is I don't! This last summer I used MFP while doing P90X and was down to 156 which was a weight I haven't been since I graduated highschool 5 years ago! Hopefully it can help me again, and I can stick to it! I used a forum while using P90 and it was nice to hear everyone else's advice and know that I wasn't alone. Hopefully I can get to messaging some people and do the same on here! Good luck to all and hopefully I keep it up!

Replies

• cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    First off welcome back, and congrats on the wedding. It sounds like you know your mission and have already started it. Just be patient and the results will come. You will be a beautiful bride no matter what the scale says, tone up and do the best you can and you will have a day you will surely never forget. Can't wait to watch your progress over the next few months.
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hello and welcome back to a great site.

I have never really watched my weight or what I eat even when my wife was on a diet. I never liked the idea of being on a diet. I always felt as if I was being punished for liking food. This year I decided I would make a lifestyle change and be careful about what I eat. I find the simple motto of "Eat less move more" helps me. I now watch what I eat but only in terms of the number of calories. If I want a piece of chocolate I have it, but only (a) if I have the calories left and (b) at the expense of something else. This way it is a concious choice of what I am eating. I also go to the gym as much as possible. Not to build muscle or to look like the next Arnie.. I work 5 days a week and spend 99% of the time sitting at a desk. So I now make time to go to the gym.

It works. in 4 weeks I have lost 10 pounds and already my clothes are starting to look too big. A few more pounds to go and both the wife and I will be on a shopping spree (that will keep her happy).

Remember if you are building muscle you will be adding weight to your body. but this is healthy. My wife went through the same thing of "losing weight" but the scales not moving. But her body looked great. she toned up, had more definition to her curves and dropped a few dress sizes. So make sure you measure the inches and not just the weight.

Good luck with your goals and I am sure you will look great on the big day.
  • adrelime514
    Options
    Thank you! The hardest part is that LOVE food and food that is TERRIBLE for me :D...Moderation is what I keep telling myself!