Loving life

Options
:love:

Hello. My name is Kristi and I just started using this site today (thank you my sister!). I used another calorie counting site previously and what a pain in the a@# it was! I love the amount of entries available here and didn't have to manually enter anything at all (thank you!).

I started my weight loss at 265 lbs. on 1/6 and am now at 255 all due to journeling and getting up and moving. I've never stayed to any weight loss program like I have now and it feels SO GOOD! I've got a long way to go but am committed to making this the year to "do it for me!".

I welcome any feedback from other successful or not so successful fellow weight losers.

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    welcome.....and good luck!!!!!
  • Meehansbride
    Options
    Welcome, I have only been using this site for about 2 week and I love it. It has really kept me on track and I like that you can add friends that can help keep you accountable.

I started eating healthier, counting calories and working out on Jan 2. I have lost just over 15 lbs. I love that I can track my calories on here and keep a log of what I am eating. I got a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas and that has been my motivation!

best of luck to you!!
  • augustbells
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! With such a positive attitude you cannot fail! I started my weightloss journey Jan. 1st and I know I couldn't have lost what I have so far without the help of this community. Best of luck to you!!
  • jessiebeatrice
    Options
    Hey Kristi! Welcome! Glad you're here!
    I just started using this site too. I find it so helpful--it really keeps me on track--and I love being able to see exactly what's in the foods I eat. You will find that there's a lot of support here, and lots of great ideas for exercising, snacking, and inspiration to keep a good attitude, and stick to your goals. Good luck!
  • sdscouser
    Options
    Hello and welcome to a great site.

I have never really watched my weight or what I eat even when my wife was on a diet. I never liked the idea of being on a diet. I always felt as if I was being punished for liking food. This year I decided I would make a lifestyle change and be careful about what I eat. I find the simple motto of "Eat less move more" helps me. I now watch what I eat but only in terms of the number of calories. If I want a piece of chocolate I have it, but only (a) if I have the calories left and (b) at the expense of something else. This way it is a concious choice of what I am eating. I also go to the gym as much as possible. Not to build muscle or to look like the next Arnie.. I work 5 days a week and spend 99% of the time sitting at a desk. So I now make time to go to the gym.

It works. in 4 weeks I have lost 10 pounds and already my clothes are starting to look too big. A few more pounds to go and both the wife and I will be on a shopping spree (that will keep her happy).

Good luck with your goals.

Steve