tragic leads to wightgain

Options
hi everyone
i just joined a few days ago . i have not started yet , i keep thinking im going to start and track my eating and do what i should do
on here , i weight my self today and i have not really done it in a few weeks , i really got upset , i gained 10 pounds back . the thing
is i had tragic thing happen and is happening to me , my kids father body was found about a month ago , so i am having a hard time dealing with how he died , i was divorced from him but it is a way long story , and now my aunt is in the hospital we think this is it and she isnt comming out , she has canser and it to the end and im having a really hard time with all this , im not over the first death , and now im about to lose my aunt , so im having a real hard time with Motivation and Support

i need to get back on track , so i thought maybe if i just talk to strangers and get this off my shoulders mayber this would help me out , ,

another thing do you weigh you meat raw first or cooked?

thanks everyone:smile:

Replies

• going2bfit
    going2bfit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss! I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Everyone deals with grief differently and I hope that you are able to find a way to get through this hard time. Remember that you have to take care of yourself!
    I'm sorry, I don't know about weighing meat, but hopefully someone else will have some answers for you!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Kimberly,
    So sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through.
    In 2004 I lost my Grandpa to Cancer, I watched him slowly die for 4 months before he passed. It is horrible to watch, but I was glad that I was blessed enough to be there on those few minutes when he would have a good moment. The same year my best friend and I...parted ways,(after being friends for over 20 years) she lost her daughter a couple of years before that and we were both handling the loss in different ways. I thought she and her husband were drinking way to much and I over stepped my boundries....my Mom has never been around, my sister and I had a falling out due to her being a meth abuser.....let's just say...I was in pain too and it took me over three years to crawl out of my depression. I had young kids at home and they needed me. I was slowly killing myself. I can't say what really made me snap out of it....I guess I was just so tired of being sick and tired! You have the strength in you, you can make it through this, your kids will follow your lead. My thoughts are with you.

You can measure your meat before or after, just log it in the way you do it. I usually log mine in cooked.
    I hope your day is a good day.:flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    As absolutely devastating as death is, when faced with it in my world (Dad and best friend died of cancer), I try and realize that I have a lot to thankful for and really need to appreciate the gift I have in my body. Especially when I look at my children and I realize that I want them to have to wait as long as possible to feel the loss of me. Maybe you can let your beautiful babies be your MOTIVATION for not "waiting for tomorrow", and starting today. And we here at MFP are more than happy to be your SUPPORT. Blog, post, or just read. Someone is always here and you will find a lot of encouragement, sympathy, and sometimes a good swift kick in the pants when it is needed. Exercise also helps in dealing with frustrations and depression as a healthy outlet.

I'm so sorry for your losses. Remember, take care of yourself first so that you can take care of everyone else.
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry for your loss and when the time is right you will get back on track..dont beat yourself up over it...take the time you need now to just heal..i had lost my older sis in oct of 2007 with no warning..it just happen and i had turn to food and in time it had passed and i starting seeing what i was doing to myself and how the effect hurt my kids cause i was always tired and i know also that my sister would not want that for me as well...so like i said dont beat yourself up take it one day at a time..:flowerforyou:
  • shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart!
    I am so sorry,and I hope that this is not too hard on your children!
    I hope that you find comfort knowing that others are praying for you:flowerforyou:
  • kimberly_diane2008
    Options
    thanks everyone , you are all so nice , and i got through the night and day , my aunt made it through the night and woke up , so i wont say she is ok since she only has a few months but we are still with her for now and that is what counts , it was hard to see her to day , she was so sick and sad and tiered , she kinows its nearing time , anyways i iknow she wants be to be healthy she told me so , she dont want me tp die from wieght probblems ether , so everyone thank you for your support kim