WHAT TO DO WHEN....

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
You are sick? I have been sick to my stomach all day. I was at work 15 hours so i ended up getting a sierra mist for my tummy and i drank tea nibble on crackers was eating very little from what i thought but ended up eating 100 calories more than my 1200. I know i will go home and eat something else to fight the nausea...but my question is what do you do when your sick? count calories or listen to your body and do what you can to fight the sick feeling?

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Drink your fluids, rest and get well.... :flowerforyou:
  • Do what your body is telling you to do - the sickness will eventually go away, then you can go back to counting the cals! But yes that's great advice 'Drink your fluids'!

Get Well Soon X
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Do what your body is telling you to do - the sickness will eventually go away, then you can go back to counting the cals! But yes that's great advice 'Drink your fluids'!

Get Well Soon X

I agree. Listen to our body and worry about the calories later.
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Get better.

Remember, your caloric target is for losing weight, not maintenance!! For instance, if your goal is to lose 1 lb per week, you have a calorie goal which is 500 calories under your maintenance intake. So, if you ate an additional 400 calories, you are still on the weight loss side of the caloric intake!! Even if you ate an additional 1000 calories, you would need to do this for a week in order to gain a pound.
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Listen to your body and drink lots of fluids!!!!
This discussion has been closed.