I keep coming out under!

Options
13»

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    OP has no clue what shes doing.

You arent hungry because of hormonal imbalances.

Take care of your body while you are young!
    Take advantage of your hormonal state!
    these girls have no clue the damage they are doing to their bodies now by restricting calories 1k+ below TDEE when they probably dont have the energy stores to compensate.

They think "I'll be fine! i'm young!" only to find out in their late 20s that they cant have children or they have newly acquired adrenal or CNS issues.

To get in shape you need to force the body to change using proper stress!
    If you want a sleek sexy toned body you need to build lean muscle and lose fat.
    To build muscle you need building blocks in the form of food or drugs.
    you eating the way you do is only going to make you skinny-fat!
    Then youll make a post like "Skinny-fat! How do I fix this?!"
    And we say "Eat you dummy!!! And lift heavy stuff!"
    But instead youll probably tell me i'm crazy and dont know what i'm talking about.
    Meanwhile you spin your wheels while we get in shape.

It's not like I'm restricting on purpose... I can't force myself to eat more, it will literally make me sick. Just thinking about food when I'm not truly hungry makes me feel like I'll vomit.

So dig your hole now.
    I've heard that from almost all my people!
    Especially the ones carb cycling high on a 3k day and trying to stuff 400g of starches down their throats.
    They adapted within a week or so.
    The choice is yours chica.
    Continue to do this wrong and fail or decide whats right and make slow steady changes.

I have a friend on here named Sonja who could only eat 500-800cals a day.
    Shes been adding 100cal per day in the form of protein shakes with her meals and small additions like extra olive oil etc....
    Shes up to 1600cals today and shooting for 2k.

So right now THIS......
    156935_375539339201485_2051911020_n.jpg
    ...is what I see.

A scared little girl who is afraid to step out of her comfort zone, put her body under stress to evolve into the sleek beauty she could be.....
  • desiree7hanson
    desiree7hanson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you say you're a small person, are you very short and small framed? If so, 1000 might be okay, but I would contact a nutritionist, they can test you to see what your resting metobolic rate is and how many calories you need for functioning. Mine was just over 1300 when I weighed 157 and I'm 5'6'. I've been eating 1200 cal/day and losing weight. If you are just wanting to maintain weight and not lose, you probably want to up your calories.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    you say you're a small person, are you very short and small framed? If so, 1000 might be okay, but I would contact a nutritionist, they can test you to see what your resting metobolic rate is and how many calories you need for functioning. Mine was just over 1300 when I weighed 157 and I'm 5'6'. I've been eating 1200 cal/day and losing weight. If you are just wanting to maintain weight and not lose, you probably want to up your calories.

So you need 1300 just to function? Why are you eating only 1200 a day then?
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

I'm thinking she confused and means her TDEE is 1300, rather than her BMR? If she doesn't mean that then, good luck she's gonna need it!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    What I'm wondering is if it's really going to damage my body. I feel like if my body wanted more food, it would tell me that, but it doesn't. I'm always satisfied with what I eat throughout the day, and I never let myself go hungry. I'm trying to lose, as I put on a bit of weight after starting college, although I still live at home.
    My hair is thick, down to my waist and shiny. My nails grow quickly, although break a lot (I just have weak nails and can't have them very long), and my skin is soft, never flaky and completely pimple free. I'm more tired now than I was in summer, but I also suffer seasonal depression so that's a big part of it.

yes it will damage your body.

VLCD - very low calorie diets = 800ish

CARDIOVASCULAR COMPLICATIONS
    Weight loss from very low-calorie diets in severely obese people has been associated with sudden death from ventricular arrhythmias. Major or rapid weight loss may damage the heart by decreasing muscle fiber size. In addition, deficiencies of protein, electrolytes and micro-nutrients, such as copper, magnesium and potassium, may contribute to a myofibrillar damage. "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" reported the findings of a 1992 study by Janis S Fisler suggesting that weight loss from very low-calorie diets provoked electrocardiogram abnormalities and precipitated acute and fatal arrhythmias in the obese subjects studied.

GASTROINTESTINAL PROBLEMS
    Very low-calorie diets have been shown to affect gastrointestinal and cardiac organ systems. A 1988 study by Eleanor A Young, Ph.D., RD/LD used rats divided into two groups, one of which was fed a low-calorie diet with 23 percent total calories from protein, carbohydrate and fat. Final weights of total body, the liver, small intestines and heart were lower in the diet group and revealed a protein depletion of the gastrointestinal system with a decrease in body nitrogen stores, specifically cardiac muscle, as published in "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition."

GALLBLADDER STONES
    Gallstones, which often develop in obese people, are most common after rapid weight loss. Weight loss may increase cholesterol levels in the gallbladder, which inhibit its ability to contract and expel bile. There may be a correlation with fat intake and gallstone formation as investigated in a 1998 study published in "Digestive Diseases and Sciences" using 272 moderately obese subjects with normal gallbladders who were given 900-calorie per day liquid diets for 13 weeks. The findings were that 17 percent of the group eating 16 g of fat daily developed stones with a weight loss of 18 kg , and 11.2 percent of the group eating 30 g of fat daily developed stones with similar weight loss. The experiment showed that substantial fat for rapid weight-reducing diets resulted in gallstone formation.

so your heart, guts, internal organs in general, your nails, teeth, skin - pretty much everything is in the firing line.

you need to eat more. your body isn't always right.

but hey, if all you really want is people to tell you that eating less than a 2 year old child is good for you, high five! you have nothing to worry about!*

*the above statement is false.

I just went to the doctor and had a full work up - blood/urine/chem lab and a short psych. eval. ... Everything came back normal, with the exception of psych (I've had depression my whole life, so that I am not concerned about), and I've been eating this way for most of my adult life. What's your explanation for that....?

you asked a question. science answered. sorry its not the one you wanted.

*pat on the head* your totally doing it right. you only want to see the for argument, no worries. your 18. you haven't really had any adult life. perhaps you will be totally fine, or perhaps you will get to 30 with depleted muscle mass, osteoporosis and a heart murmur.

moral of the story? dont ask of you dont want to know. capiche?

I did a VLCD once and lost 70 lbs.

I:

1. Gained it all back over 9 years
    2. Developed Gallstones and had to have major surgery. Which comes with other unpleasant side effects like having to run to the bathroom after eating a salad!
    3. I have a severe case of Hypoglycemia and have trouble controlling my blood sugar.
    4. My skin turned a grayish hue. not pretty!
    5. Screwed up my metabolism. I couldn't eat more than 1000-1200 to maintain my weight. This SUCKED!

I don't think it is worth it personally. I thought I was doing it the right way because I was doing WW. Boy was I wrong.

Find your TDEE and eat less than that to lose weight. Lift heavy things and move more.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

I'm thinking she confused and means her TDEE is 1300, rather than her BMR? If she doesn't mean that then, good luck she's gonna need it!

Yeah you'd like to think she just wrote it wrong but on this site you just never know :laugh:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Yeah you'd like to think she just wrote it wrong but on this site you just never know :laugh:

Yeah, you're probably right to err on the side of caution there! :smile:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    What I'm wondering is if it's really going to damage my body. I feel like if my body wanted more food, it would tell me that, but it doesn't. I'm always satisfied with what I eat throughout the day, and I never let myself go hungry. I'm trying to lose, as I put on a bit of weight after starting college, although I still live at home.
    My hair is thick, down to my waist and shiny. My nails grow quickly, although break a lot (I just have weak nails and can't have them very long), and my skin is soft, never flaky and completely pimple free. I'm more tired now than I was in summer, but I also suffer seasonal depression so that's a big part of it.

yes it will damage your body.

VLCD - very low calorie diets = 800ish

CARDIOVASCULAR COMPLICATIONS
    Weight loss from very low-calorie diets in severely obese people has been associated with sudden death from ventricular arrhythmias. Major or rapid weight loss may damage the heart by decreasing muscle fiber size. In addition, deficiencies of protein, electrolytes and micro-nutrients, such as copper, magnesium and potassium, may contribute to a myofibrillar damage. "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" reported the findings of a 1992 study by Janis S Fisler suggesting that weight loss from very low-calorie diets provoked electrocardiogram abnormalities and precipitated acute and fatal arrhythmias in the obese subjects studied.

GASTROINTESTINAL PROBLEMS
    Very low-calorie diets have been shown to affect gastrointestinal and cardiac organ systems. A 1988 study by Eleanor A Young, Ph.D., RD/LD used rats divided into two groups, one of which was fed a low-calorie diet with 23 percent total calories from protein, carbohydrate and fat. Final weights of total body, the liver, small intestines and heart were lower in the diet group and revealed a protein depletion of the gastrointestinal system with a decrease in body nitrogen stores, specifically cardiac muscle, as published in "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition."

GALLBLADDER STONES
    Gallstones, which often develop in obese people, are most common after rapid weight loss. Weight loss may increase cholesterol levels in the gallbladder, which inhibit its ability to contract and expel bile. There may be a correlation with fat intake and gallstone formation as investigated in a 1998 study published in "Digestive Diseases and Sciences" using 272 moderately obese subjects with normal gallbladders who were given 900-calorie per day liquid diets for 13 weeks. The findings were that 17 percent of the group eating 16 g of fat daily developed stones with a weight loss of 18 kg , and 11.2 percent of the group eating 30 g of fat daily developed stones with similar weight loss. The experiment showed that substantial fat for rapid weight-reducing diets resulted in gallstone formation.

so your heart, guts, internal organs in general, your nails, teeth, skin - pretty much everything is in the firing line.

you need to eat more. your body isn't always right.

but hey, if all you really want is people to tell you that eating less than a 2 year old child is good for you, high five! you have nothing to worry about!*

*the above statement is false.

I just went to the doctor and had a full work up - blood/urine/chem lab and a short psych. eval. ... Everything came back normal, with the exception of psych (I've had depression my whole life, so that I am not concerned about), and I've been eating this way for most of my adult life. What's your explanation for that....?

you asked a question. science answered. sorry its not the one you wanted.

*pat on the head* your totally doing it right. you only want to see the for argument, no worries. your 18. you haven't really had any adult life. perhaps you will be totally fine, or perhaps you will get to 30 with depleted muscle mass, osteoporosis and a heart murmur.

moral of the story? dont ask of you dont want to know. capiche?

I did a VLCD once and lost 70 lbs.

I:

1. Gained it all back over 9 years
    2. Developed Gallstones and had to have major surgery. Which comes with other unpleasant side effects like having to run to the bathroom after eating a salad!
    3. I have a severe case of Hypoglycemia and have trouble controlling my blood sugar.
    4. My skin turned a grayish hue. not pretty!
    5. Screwed up my metabolism. I couldn't eat more than 1000-1200 to maintain my weight. This SUCKED!

I don't think it is worth it personally. I thought I was doing it the right way because I was doing WW. Boy was I wrong.

Find your TDEE and eat less than that to lose weight. Lift heavy things and move more.

wow. thats a tough break :( hope you're doing better now :)