What are your favourite "Health-ified" foods?

Options
Jen800
Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
I know since I became a healthier person I've changed my options quite a bit. However, I realized there are a lot of things I can still have, just twisted slightly! Like chicken burgers. I just remove the bun, and sometimes use lettuce or a sandwich thin. I use whole wheat bread, pastas, etc. For cooking. It's so much easier to help others eat healthy/lighten meals when their favorite dishes are slightly tweaked, making a world of difference!

So far my favorites are:

Greek yogurt w/ 1 tsp honey + some granola instead of high-fructose corn syrup laden brands with "Real fruit".. HA!

Homemade Chili w/ extra veggies and chicken instead of beef

squash WITHOUT sugar (who knew how delicious this was? I didn't!)

"Chicken cordon bleu" (made with a single thin slice of fat free ham, less than 30 grams of part skim cheese, and whole grain
breadcrumbs (I actually use all bran flakes, I'm sure I could even use puffed wheat)

"Lasagna roll ups" From Skinnytaste.com.... YUMMY! I used whole grain lasagne noodles, and I could barely even finish my first! Loaded with healthy spinach and a bit of reduced fat ricotta, and drizzled with some delicious marinara (even better for you when it's homemade sauce) this was super filling with a spinach salad and broccoli. I think it came out to less than 170 calories per roll.

I'm interested in anyone else's recipes!

I'm now thinking up a healthier alternative to pasta salad for a side with dinner tomorrow. I've always loved it and its so easy to make things healthier.

NOTE: I do realize a few things in this post are NOT perfect. I don't mean completely, 100 % clean foods, I mean "cleaned up" foods. I generally tend to eat as much "real" food as I can , but it's great when you can eat something delicious and still have it be nutritious and appropriate for the whole family to enjoy. Sometimes you just have to eat something out of the box! :blushing:

Replies