After Plateauing for 2 weeks I lose 2 lbs in a day.....

Options
..... is this normal! Or have my scales finally given up!

Replies

• ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It usually happens to me too. I will lose 1 pound per week for a constant period, then I will have a `plateau` for 1-2 weeks, then I will have a bigger loss. So averaging it, in the last months I lost still 1 pound per week on average.

It can be water retention that influences some weeks, or just your body wanting a break.

I guess many people here will tell you that 2 weeks is not a plateau. And they are right. It's just a little body break.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    very common. i find my body will go into lulls (plateaus) ..may even gain a pound then bamm the pounds drop.
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I'm at a plateau myself. Unfortunately, it COULD be because I've been going over my calories lately.
    As for wanting to lose 2 pounds in a day...I DO NOT recommend any type of water pill! A coworker of mine tried that and had severe muscle cramps for weeks because of it. I'd eat food with lots of fiber, and drink plenty of water. :drinker:
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    It is normal - I put it down to my body trying to tell me that it is all a waste of time and to just stop this nonsense and feed it calories so it can replenish the reserves it has spent so many years squirrelling away.

Up to now it has won - the difference is MFP! - and according to "She whom it is probably better in the log run, on the whole that she should be obeyed" because it involves a computer.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I dont take any pills...... whats the point as you have to eat properly at some point and relying on pills does not help your body in learning to adjust to a sensible eating regime.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'm at a plateau myself. Unfortunately, it COULD be because I've been going over my calories lately.
    As for wanting to lose 2 pounds in a day...I DO NOT recommend any type of water pill! A coworker of mine tried that and had severe muscle cramps for weeks because of it. I'd eat food with lots of fiber, and drink plenty of water. :drinker:

did someone mention taking a water pill? maybe they are blocking me. if not, I wonder why you brought up pills?

2 weeks is not a plateau.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    yep, thats how it works. been there. and in a few more days, you will probably lose another 2 if you stay on track. :smile:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight slowly that's more or less how it happens. I haven't lost any weight for awhile but sometimes I lose 3 pounds in a week! And my calorie deficit is .75 pounds a week. Funny how it works out. As long as my clothes continue to get looser I know I'm heading in the right direction.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It happens , totally normal :D
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It's normal. That wasn't a plateau. Weight loss is not linear.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This totally happens to me, all the time! The closer I get to my goals, the slower the weight loss and more that this happens too.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    thanks guys - i popped on the scales this morning just to check - and they are still gone, so I am very happy ;)