30 Day Shred...I'm getting weaker.

Options
I'm only on Level 1 and the first time I did it I was like wow, cool, this is great, I can do it, I can do it.

This is my second week and when I do the routine I actually feel weaker, lifting those weights straight out in front is a killer, the jump rope moves make my shins and calfs burn.

My right collar bone aches.

Surely I'm supposed to feel stronger not weaker?

Replies

• Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    no, there was a point i thought the exact same thing, and it was about the same point you are at with it. i think i was because i was doing it every day...so my muscles were trying to heal WHILE i was still working them out...

It eventually did subside..and some days were better than others. if i was not getting enough water, i would be really weak also.

good luck!!!
  • You might also be doing the moves with better form and/or more intensity. :)
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Your not weaker. There can be one of two reasons why you are experiencing this 1. Your muscles have not fully recovered yet 2. You don't have enough glycogen to fuel your workouts.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a rest day in between? It's not meant to be done day after day.
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'd try taking a break now and then. On my first round of the 30DS I took at least four rest days in between the 30 days of doing the routines. This time around I've decided to take every 6th day off. Those muscles really do need some time to recover.