question about sugars

Hi everyone! anyone who logs on here often will see I've asked a LOT of quesitons lately..sorry about that! I'm just very new to the whole "clean eating" life style so asking lots of questions.
Basically..is it more important to pay attention to the piechart and the macros or the nutrition list for the day? Because today for example, my macros were pretty close ( I went a little over in carbs and a little under in protein but my fats were even so its not so bad). I was relatively pleased but then looked at the nutrition list and saw my "left" sugars were -31!! I was fine all day but screwed up after my work out it seems! I came out of the gym and was really craving something sweet so had an apple but that then pushed my sugars over the limit. I worked out I was already over anyway (and would have had -4 left) because of a juice I made earlier that was orange, carrot, celery and beetroot. How concerned should I be by the sugars..considering they're naturally and its not like they're from candy bars! I see my flatmates eat pizza and KFC and drink beer everything and it would suck if I had to restrict myself on apples and fresh squeezed juice!! I just bought my juicer 2 days ago and was planning on 1 or 2 a day but not sure if that's good since they make the sugars so high?

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Personally, I just watch my macros and even more specifically, protein. I try to make sure I hit my protein and then eat whatever I want. I have cut out a lot of junk, but I don't totally deny myself. If junk had enough protein in it to hit my macros, I would eat more junk. :wink:
    Anyway, this is what works for me. People will tell you to "do this" or "do that". The real key is to do what works for you. Remember as long as your calories in is less than calories out, you will lose weight. However, there are other consequences/factors besides weight loss you may want to consider, like energy level, lbm loss or gain, etc.
    But the bottom line is you can make this as complicated or as simple as you want and still lose weight.
    Also, read, read, read as much as you can and make this a continual learning process and you will get better and better at finding what is right for YOU.
  • Thanks so much! But (sorry to be dumb) I'm confused by "calories in less than calories out"...i hate 1300 cals today ando nly burnt 500..so im consuming way more than im burning off. :S