Hello - Newbie here!

Options
Hi Everyone.

One of my gym instructors told me about this site and I must say I'm impressed! My name is Leanne and I live in South Wales. Last year I went to a Rosemary Conley class in a bid to lose a dress size and around 12lbs in weight. I achieved my goal in around 6 weeks but have found over the winter that its crept back on (along with the bad habits!). I have decided to get back on the diet and exercise wagon and am now trying to stick to a 1200 cal daily allowance and get back up the gym 3-4 times a week. My main gym activities are the classes rather than pounding the treadmill. I like to do aerobics and circuit training 3 times a week but do try to run at least 5K once a week.
I know I will struggle over the next few weeks though as the 6 Nations Rugby is on, and being a big rugby fan, I end up indulging on the all-dayers that come with it! This means I have to be extra good in the week with food, alcohol and exercise! I think the progress will be slow at first but as we head into Spring I hope to boost things along - so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Leanne

Replies

• rvkirk
    rvkirk Posts: 37
    Options
    Hello and welcome, love your profile picture by the way. :flowerforyou:
  • wazzerb
    Options
    Hello there!

I'm new around here too (second week in and loving it!). Am also a huge rugby fan, so the six nations was looking difficult for me. However, I got an aerobic step and just stepped through the second half of a game on Saturday and the game on Sunday! Watching TV and burning calories, brilliant!

Good luck to you!