Tastes

Options
Interesting NSV (if you want to call it that). I hadn't had McDonalds in 2wks...something I used to have literally two times a day. I decided to have a "cheat meal" last night and got my usual combo, a crispy chicken CBO and fries. I expected to enjoy the crap out of it, but it tasted kind of...gross. It just wasn't the same, and kind of upset my stomach. How awesome is that? Despite my gastrointestinal difficulties, it's a total blessing to know that it DIDN'T taste amazing. My tastes are changing to suit my new healthier diet! Have your tastes changed since adapting this new lifestyle? Did you used to love something unhealthy that you honestly dislike now?

Replies

• ddt411
    ddt411 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know I don't crave the junk as often. AND when I cave I truthfully log what I ate here. A couple weeks ago I "treated" myself to some KFC on a Sunday night - my stomach was so upset afterwards. The taste was still good to me, but the after effects were so not worth it. If YOUR mind is telling you it doesn't taste good, THAT'S AWESOME :) When you want to "Treat" yourself you won't want to have McD's :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Mc'D's anything has never tasted good.........unfortunately taste in NA is at an all time low, and Mc'D's is pretty much the standard for the vast majority.....I mean, there's not too many populations that think natural food is something that you have to get use too, and not necessarily mandatory. lol
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    My tastes definitely changed. But I've been through this before, and slid back. Unfortunately I can tell you that your tastes can go back. At least they did for me. But like it can sometimes take a while to get used to the new tastes in your new lifestyle. It can take a while to get used to the old tastes in your old lifestyle. That's been my experience, at least. And having bad-for-you things taste bad is a really good thing; even if it only will stay that way for a little while. But some of my old comfort foods - well - they never taste bad; not to me. So, some of those I just keep as far away from me as I possibly can. Gotta know what my weaknesses are and do whatever it takes to deal with them. I'm not too proud to say that I don't have the strength to resist certain foods. What I can do is be strong enough to keep them out of my house.

@neanderthin: I'm feeling like one of those fat Americans the world likes to ridicule. sigh