Wii Fit Plus Routine?

Options
Alright, we all know and love it, and we all know that on the Wii Fit Plus you can customize a routine with the various strength and yoga training exercises.

What I'm wondering is if anyone uses any routine that they feel works for them, and if so, what do you recommend?

Replies

• missyannb85
    Options
    I have lost a few lbs but even more inches using the Wii Fit Plus.
    My routine is:
    1. Half-Moon
    2. Warrior
    3. Sun Salutation
    4. Triangle
    5. Jackknife
    6. Jacknife
    7. Torso Twists
    8. Sideways Leg Lift
    9. Single-Leg extension
    10. Downward-Facing Dog

Then I go to Aerobics and do the free run for 20 minutes. I make sure to run at least 3.4 miles in that time. It's great because you can watch TV in the "free run" instead of watching the video game. Hope this helps!
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I am glad to see this topic started. Maybe there are other discussions, just haven't looked around..

I just got a Wii Fit Plus last week, and still trialing it out. The kids love the added "games". I haven't experimented with setting up a routine yet. I would like to see some more calorie-burning potential, as I have only experienced burning about 100-150 calories in a 1/2 hour session so far. But, admittingly, I have not tried the free run yet.

Looking forward to see other comments.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    Since starting it Jan 5th, I have lost 12lbs, along with a 1500 calorie diet. I do this 5 times a week.

1. Rhythm Boxing
    2. Rhythm Kung Fu
    3. Warrior
    4. Half-Moon
    5. Jackknife
    6. Torso Twists
    7. Sideways Leg Lifts
    8. Triangle
    9. Rhythm Boxing
    10. Rhythm Kung Fu
  • thricewiser
    Options
    I am glad to see this topic started. Maybe there are other discussions, just haven't looked around..

I just got a Wii Fit Plus last week, and still trialing it out. The kids love the added "games". I haven't experimented with setting up a routine yet. I would like to see some more calorie-burning potential, as I have only experienced burning about 100-150 calories in a 1/2 hour session so far. But, admittingly, I have not tried the free run yet.

Looking forward to see other comments.

From what I understand, the Wii Fit isn't accurate when it comes to calories burned - I'm sure I've seen this mentioned in a couple of posts around here.

I've gone off the Wii Fit Plus. I never want to exercise in the house, which is a shame as I bought the Wii for the Wii Fit! Sayign that, I have got my money out of it with Mario Kart :P
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my favorite 20 minute pick-me-up is:
    6 minutes rhythm boxing,
    random strength pose (plank),
    2 minutes hula,
    6 minutes rhythm kung fu,
    2 minutes hula,
    random yoga pose (sun salutation),
    2 minutes chicken flap game,
    90 seconds of lotus (sitting)

when i'm going for a full workout, i do that then add in:
    a 20 minutes run,
    2 sets of the leg extension, leg lifts and torso twists,
    10 minutes bike ride,
    4 yoga poses,
    10 minutes free step to cool down

i like using the custom routine when i'm doing a long workout, but would rather use one that they have already put together if i'm doing a short one. :)
    dawn
  • jaxterbom
    Options
    I like Wii Tennis. The Wii Fit Yoga is good except some of the poses are a bit extreme.
    The Cobra stands out. I suppose that it's easy, if you happen to BE a cobra, but to any major dude, it's
    a reverse spine contortion. My advice is: Stick to the easy ones! The Step Aerobics is good exercise
    too but you might want to seal off all the windows and doors first if you have an ounce of self-respect.

;-)

223140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • missmelfina
    missmelfina Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am all about the boxing, running, and balance tests. i find the yoga a bit cumbersome, so I prefer to do it on my own.