another suckie day

Options
I still have not lost any weight. I cant give up but I am so tired of this. I just wish I could see at least a 5lb difference. I have been even running twice a day. And still nothing. I lift weights and still nothing. Maybe I need to work alot harder or something.

Replies

• tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    I still have not lost any weight. I cant give up but I am so tired of this. I just wish I could see at least a 5lb difference. I have been even running twice a day. And still nothing. I lift weights and still nothing. Maybe I need to work alot harder or something.
  • tinnytibbs
    Options
    I think you might be stressed so bad about it that it's affecting you. If you are doin heavy weight training, maybe you should stop....muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so if you'r e building muscle faster than you're burning fat, then the scale won't move....

Just an un-educated guess!
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am sure you are ready to give up but just think about all you have done to get here! Don't give up! You could be where I am! I need to lose 60 lbs by November for my wedding! If I can do it so can you!

Good luck and stay strong!:flowerforyou:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I know how frustrating it is, but don't give up. Even with less than 20 lbs to lose, it's going to take a little time. You can do it. Try mixing things up a bit in your exercise. Do an exercise tape, or ellipse machine instead of running for a day. Take a walk with a friend. Or skip the exercise all together for a day or two. Make sure you are eating the exercise calories you are burning. Put the scale in the closet and don't use it. Go by how you feel, how your clothes fit, how you look in the mirror. If you are gaining muscle like tinnytibbs said, your weight isn't going to change.

Another un-educated guess....
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I think you might be stressed so bad about it that it's affecting you. If you are doin heavy weight training, maybe you should stop....muscle weighs a lot more than fat, so if you'r e building muscle faster than you're burning fat, then the scale won't move....

Just an uneducated guess!

Actually, muscle does not weigh more than fat; it's heavier by volume than fat:

Fat is bulky and lumpy so if you carry an extra five pounds of fat, you'll be lumpier than with five pounds more muscle. A five pound pile of fat will take up more space (volume) than a five pound pile of muscle; but five pounds is still five pounds, so for those of you that don't "get" English, you cannot say one thing weighing a certain weight weighs more than another thing at that same weight. It's a common joke to play on an 8-year old. The correct way to state the muscle weighs more than fat scenario is, "Muscle is heavier by volume than fat."

Source: http://www.onemorebite-weightloss.com/muscle-to-fat.html
    .........................................................................................................................................................................................
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat, any more than lead weighs more than feathers. A pound is a pound is a pound. Where the misunderstanding often comes in is that muscle is much more dense than fat, so that, by volume, it seems to weigh more. That is, a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat. In addition, because a pound of muscle burns more fat than a pound of fat, even at rest, by increasing your lean muscle tissue mass, you're helping your body burn more calories.

Source: http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=8311
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Did you do your measurements before your diet? I have seen some on here that have noticed more of measurement loss then weight....Hang in there because your still doing very healthy choices for your body.:smile: Wish I could be more help.:flowerforyou:
  • gk10465
    gk10465 Posts: 10
    Options
    What I have FINALLY discovered is that exercise is great for your health and you should do it for sure but does NOT help with your weight, it actually makes you hungry and I think you eat more because you think it is OK 'cause you worked out. Am I making sense?

So, the ONLY thing that will help with your weight is what you put between your lips, or rather DON'T put between your lips. If you cut out at least one high calorie item from your daily intake, and maintain your same life style, you WILL LOSE WEIGHT even if a small amount but over time, it adds up.

Also, I found that I was trying so hard all week and then eating something stupid on my weekends thinking I deserved it, just to find the scale creeping back up to the same place I started.

Also, I now try a new tactic every week. This week I am walking at lunch AND biking after work to double my exercise. I will try something new next week.

Don't get frustrated by a lack of weight lose. You are not gaining and if you don't give up, you will succeed.:happy: