never give up

Options
I have been the same weight for a couple of years...not extremely overweight but I'm at the point that I need to lose about 20 pounds...seemingly the hardest to lose. I like the fact that the site includes the measurement portion because sometimes that is what seems to decrease first...especially if you exercise. I enjoy the posts from everyone and am extremely encouraged and motivated by others with the same struggles.

Replies

• banchubob
    Options
    I was in the same position I weighed 212 lbs 1 month ago, but I kept with the program and exercising and now weigh 196.5. The only thing I miss is my Cheetos, but I decided to stop the Cheetos intake so I did not have to stop drinking Beer. I wish you luck in losing 20lbs and I am proof that the program does work. Through my 30 days of ups and downs, I learned it is not always about eating celery but making healthy choices in what you eat especially when you are dinning out. Just Remember you can do it! I was fat and lazy, now I am just Lazy...
  • lovetodance
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I really don't like cheetoes that much, but I do like beer and I do know that it will put the pounds on as will any empty calorie alcoholic beverage. However, I will have to give up something, but not sure what at this point. I think my metabolism is set at "0." I am hoping that the exercises that I have been doing will be effective along with the calorie counting. I have actually been doing that all my life but sometimes I am negligent at keeping track. This is a great site!
  • banchubob
    Options
    I agree this Site is amazing and got me exercising again! Don't forget if you have access to a pool swimming laps is a great low impact calorie burner. I try to swim once a week but these cold fronts keep the water a little chilly. (live in south Florida)
  • lovetodance
    Options
    I love the water and swimming and if I had a pool (of course the weather here would have to be a lot warmer..37 is the high today) I would really love it..a great calorie burner. My husband and I went to Florida last year in May to watch a college national tournament. The weather was beautiful and the trees and flowers were so lush. I really dreaded coming back home to the rains. Swimming is a great exercise but for now I have to stick to my treadmill and headphones. :)
  • lovetodance
    Options
    By the way, you are my daughter's age. So you can imagine how hard it is for me to lose weight. I keep telling my girls that they need to keep the weight off now and lose what they can because it only gets harder. Staying active is definitely the key but the calorie counting is surely what helps to lose.
  • banchubob
    Options
    I agree my mother in law tells me the same thing But you can do it!!!!