Breakfast Ideas????

Options
So one area where I'm struggling is breakfast time! I have around 10 minutes to prepare and have my breakfast in the morning before work, but I'm really struggling to find breakfast ideas that are filling but also not high in calories and sugar. I've tried breakfast cereals and have gone for "All Bran" in the past, which is low in calories, but I think high in sugar and just really struggling at the moment with what the eat in teh morning?

Replies

• cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I eat a bowl of Total with skim milk every morning. It's quick and easy, and I like the taste of it. It's only 140 calories (100 for the cereal, 40 for the milk).

Best of all, it takes care of a lot of my daily vitamins & minerals so I don't have to worry about too many of them the rest of the day.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Im addicted to fresh fruit!
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat non breakfast foods like cottage cheese or a low-carb wrap with turkey or ham and cheese. Filling and holds me until lunch.
  • brennemd
    Options
    Combine 2 scrambled eggs (or egg whites) & a little milk in a coffee cup, microwave for 30-60 seconds. You can add a little cheese or salsa for variety. Quick & you get protein!
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    MFP counts fruit, milk, & yogurt sugars so don't worry too much about your sugar count being too high.

The other day for breakfast, I had avocado & tomato slices on whole-wheat toast. Filling & very tasty, and if you want to lower the calories, maybe only use half of the avocado. Eggs are also great & low-calorie for breakfast.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    overnight oatmeal (you can make up to 2-3 days head of time...so make enough for 3 days)

My newest favorite..fried egg (cooked with Pam), sliced tomato, 2.6 oz pouch of salmon on an arnold sandwich thin. Add horseradish (if SOMEONE doesn't forget to get you some).
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    2 packs instant oatmeal, 2 tsps of brown sugar, then i mash up some blueberries in there!
  • rozeltf
    rozeltf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Combine 2 scrambled eggs (or egg whites) & a little milk in a coffee cup, microwave for 30-60 seconds. You can add a little cheese or salsa for variety. Quick & you get protein!

This. I do it everyday, add shredded cheese and bacon bits. Fast and easy
  • Grapenuts and blueberries
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like the Hillshire Farm turkey sausage and toast. I also throw some kind of fruit into my breakfast as well.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Just made this today and it was awesome but it does take some prep the night before:)

Get a carton of liquid egg whites or liquid whole eggs, prepare whatever veggies you have ahead of time(I sauté mine in a big batch with ham or bacon and it lasts for days) add the veggie mix to the liquid eggs and cook in the microwave for about 45 sec to a min and enjoy.

It was really good :)

ETA: Cheese...can't forget the cheese and pepper
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options

This. I do it everyday, add shredded cheese and bacon bits. Fast and easy

^^^ I need to start doing this... Wow, I never thought to add milk!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    So one area where I'm struggling is breakfast time! I have around 10 minutes to prepare and have my breakfast in the morning before work, but I'm really struggling to find breakfast ideas that are filling but also not high in calories and sugar. I've tried breakfast cereals and have gone for "All Bran" in the past, which is low in calories, but I think high in sugar and just really struggling at the moment with what the eat in teh morning?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhkdLHSKo9s
  • busycitystreets
    busycitystreets Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Funny you should say 10mins exact in your post... I timed myself this morning (I was running late), and I managed to fry up an egg, pop a toast and have the fried egg on the toast... All in 8mins! Easy and filling.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely in love with mini egg and cheese tortillas for breakfast. One small tortilla, a tablespoon (or two, if you're really hungry) of eggs and a pinch or two of cheese. Rounds out to 150-200 calories. Throw some salsa and/or hot sauce into it and you've got good calories AND high taste to boost you through your morning!
  • tmr57
    tmr57 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi -- I prefer 1 egg with 2 egg whites, scrambled. This suggestion from a nutritionist -- less calories and cholesterol.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I make a sandwich of bread thins, pickles, mustard and lox.

Don't make a face..if you like lox, it's sort of like a bagel and lox sandwich, but with fewer carbs and no cream cheese.

200 calories total.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Everything Bagel thin, toasted with 1 tablespoon of veggie lite cream cheese (or regular Spinach/artichoke is lower in fat than plain cream cheese), and the lowest sodium deli ham I can find and fruit. Today clementine cuties :happy: Takes 3 minutes to toast and probably another minute to spread the cheese and place the ham slices.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhkdLHSKo9s

Prep time + consumption time = less than 1 minute. Problem solved!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    cold mornings...
    1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 scoop choc protein powder 1 cup water..micro for 1 minute
    add 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1 banana..so good and so filling!