Running Friends?

Options
13»

Replies

• xnic
    xnic Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site. I like to run and I need to lose 15 lbs. I'm giving this site a try.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I started running Sept 2011.

we had a love hate relationship. We now have a love relationship. I love running.

No more races for me this year. It's getting too hot. But my 1st event for 2013 will be a tough Mudder.

When I first started running, my mission was to run a 5km. The 1st time took me about 40 mins. My pb (in one year) is 23.46.

So yes i love running, feel free to add me.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'd love more running friends too! I started running a year ago and just ran a 17.2km race... (awkward distance I know).. Anyway looking to train for a half is next.
    Would definitely love some running buddies and I promise to be a good one back!
  • peanutbutterrunner
    Options
    I started running this past spring. I literally got off the school bus one day and said, "I'm tired of feeling so bad about myself and not doing anything about it, I'm going to go for a run!" I was SO LAZY so I could barely run for one minute at first and now I'm in college and working on 20+ minutes without stopping! (I was also able to do this over the summer but got off track with letting a foot tattoo heal) I've literally fallen in love with running. I wish I had done track or XC in school because now I just run by myself. Which is still nice, but you know.
    Anyway, the only race I've only done was the Color Run and I went with my friend who wanted to walk the majority of it.

Feel free to add me! :]
  • Angellaree
    Angellaree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I have just been getting back into running and would love to see how other people train, their routine, etc!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner; I've only ever done the Warrior Dash 2011 in Maryland and 2012 Charlotte. I'm currently training hoping to do my first half marathon in March of 2013 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I've never run that far...so this is really a challenge. I am using Hal Higdon's Novice1 training for a half.

I am also signed up for the Reindeer Romp Dec 8th...I'm excited about it..I have antlers and my friend bought my a shining nose LOL

Add me if you like...
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am runner:). I love new running friends. Anyone is free to add me.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've been running for about 1 1/2 years. I ran 3 1/2 marathons and a 10K in 2012. Hope to do the full Manitoba Marathon in June'13. You can add me if you like.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started running back in the spring and ran my first 5km race since high school back in September (finished in 27:30 and came in 6th in my age group!). I'm building up to 10km and so far, I'm up to 7.5km in 42 minutes.

ETA: Current run schedule is 25km/week (two 7.5km runs and two 5km runs).
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm brand new to this site, and I need some friends! I'm near finished the the C25K challenge and I hope to move on to training for a 10k soon after. Please add me!
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've finished C25K and am currently doing the 10K for pink. Definitely have the running bug and would like any new runner friends so anyone feel free to add me :)
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing up couch to 5k - I started specifically BECAUSE I hated running and wanted to prove to myself I could do it. Going to sign up for my first 5k hopefully around Feb because even though I can run the 30mins that's not 5k yet.

I really want to do an obstacle race later in the year too.

Would love some runner friends but I have to admit I'm a bit erratic about commenting so don't add me if it annoys you when people don't comment every day.
  • adamstc88
    adamstc88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am just starting the C25K would love some running friends to help keep me motivated. I use to in my 30's and was in the best shape of my life, but got away from it. Once I hit 40 my metabolism has took a nose dive and I need to get in shape and take better care of myself. Feel free to add me!
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I used to run in high school many many many years ago *cough cough* I started seriously running in February of this year, after finishing C25K, I have run several 5k's, a Warrior Dash, a10K and a half marathon. Never ever thought I would be able to run the entire half marathon without walking, but anything is possible. Running has not only helped me with weightloss but it has given me such boost of self confidence. I have also met several others who also share the same love of running. Feel free to add me, love having runner cyber buddies :drinker: