Deer Crossing

Rum_Runner
Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
http://mashable.com/2012/10/18/donna-the-deer-lady/

Wow - just.....WOW!!!

"A woman who identified herself only as Donna called up a local Fargo radio station to complain about the location of deer crossing signs. Donna the Deer Lady, as she’s now known, demanded to know why the Minnesota and North Dakota departments of transportation “allow these deer crossings to be in such high traffic areas.”

Donna has been in three car accidents involving deer that occurred close to a deer crossing sign. Since the accidents, she has sent numerous letters to local newspapers and television stations, all of which have gone unanswered.

“Why are we encouraging deer to cross at the interstate?… It seems to me that it’s so irresponsible of us to allow these deer crossings to be in an area where these deer are so likely to be struck by oncoming traffic,” she told the radio station. “Wouldn’t you agree?”

“The government can direct the deer population anywhere they want to” she said. “All they have to do is move that deer crossing sign.”"

Damn signs....I was unaware that deer can read. Silly me! :noway:

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    lmao i have listend to this before. i hope she gets her message out and they move the crossings to a safer spot :laugh:
  • Rum_Runner
    lmao i have listend to this before. i hope she gets her message out and they move the crossings to a safer spot :laugh:

Those poor deer. Why in the world would they put a sign up in such a high traffic area. The deer follow the signs. She has a strong message - we should all sign a petition.
  • I need to go sit at one of these designated deer crossings and see if I can fill my freezer with venison before the end of the year...
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    I have 11 deer every morning in the field across from my house, i could literally sit in my living room and hunt them from there lol
  • Some people really should be in a looney bin.
    WOW
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    LOL I'm so glad you explained this in your post! I saw you posted the video on facebook and really wanted to watch it but can't at work. I'm laughing so hard right now and I haven't even seen the video!:bigsmile:
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    I heard this a few weeks ago. Apparently evolution is regressing.
  • I and many more hunters have been doing our part to protect you drivers from car deer accidents. Your welcome.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    yea I heard this before..amazing
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I listened to that yesterday! I was laughing pretty hard!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    http://mashable.com/2012/10/18/donna-the-deer-lady/

Damn signs....I was unaware that deer can read. Silly me! :noway:

No, but they do recognize pictures of themselves.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    whether or not it's true - i am choosing to believe this call was a prank.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    I'm sure all of you are aware this is just a stunt and is not a real caller and are just playing along... right?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I know this is a joke, however ... I was a journalist in a former life. My first paper was a chain of weekly community newspapers covering the various suburbs of Buffalo.

One such suburb was Clarence, which was pretty much all rural area for years and years and years. Then in a very short time, subdivisions started popping up all over the place and taking over. It was ridiculous. Of course, there were deer living out there and were now displaced by houses and roads that hadn't been there before.

We got several letters every month from people complaining about all the deer crossing the roads and deer eating their gardens and wanting the municipal government to do something about the deer problem, because those darned deer were in the way.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    I'm sure all of you are aware this is just a stunt and is not a real caller and are just playing along... right?

Why do you have to be so mean? It was a real caller and she was concerned. Just because you don't agree with her and just because she may be a couple nuggets short of a Happy Meal, doesn't mean that she doesn't have real feelings and real concerns. You should be a little more forgiving and be careful what you refer to as a "stunt".
  • Rum_Runner

If it was fake they played it really well. They could barely contain their laughter. So maybe the woman was playing a prank on the radio station.

Regardless - I'm sure there are actually people out there that do believe deer/bear/ducks/etc only cross at their desingated sign location. :/
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

If it was fake they played it really well. They could barely contain their laughter. So maybe the woman was playing a prank on the radio station.

Regardless - I'm sure there are actually people out there that do believe deer/bear/ducks/etc only cross at their desingated sign location. :/

I've heard it several times over the years, so, yes, definitely a prank. And the DJs were probably in on it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I've heard this before and lol'd.

Anyone with extra deer meat, plz mail to

18755 T-Rex Lane
    Hungry, TX 77001
  • drmerc

Listen carefully
    DJ's laughter is over the track of the caller

Caller was not live
  • drmerc

I've heard it several times over the years, so, yes, definitely a prank. And the DJs were probably in on it.

Let me fix that for you

DJ's set the call up and hired someone to "call in"

This happens all the time in radio